Brow Lift Surgery
Ageing can cause the brow to droop giving the face an older and tired look.
It is not uncommon for the skin above our eyes to start to droop as we get older, causing what is often referred to as the hood effect, and this make eyes look tired and the face look old. Brow lift surgery is a simple procedure carried out to lift the area directly above the eye, opening up the eye area and making the face look younger. It involves lifting the brow itself and tightening the muscles which have been stretched over time, as well as tightening any loose skin in the area and reducing excess fatty tissue. While brow lift surgery is often performed for purely cosmetic reasons, drooping brows and upper eye lids can affect vision in the most extreme of cases and this can be a quick and simple way to rectify the situation.
THE BENEFITS OF BROW LIFT SURGERY
- Increased overall self-confidence
- Increased self-esteem
- Look more youthful and rejuvenated
- Correct the asymmetry of the forehead and eyebrows
Facts ABOUT BROW LIFT SURGERY
- More and more men are having brow lift surgery.
- This procedure requires an overnight stay in hospital.
- The recovery is 10 to 14 days.
- 2 different types of Brow lift Surgery (Open Brow Lift and Endoscopic Brow lift).
- Brow lift procedure can be combined with other surgical procedures, particularly eye bag removal surgery.
THE PROCEDURE FOR BROW LIFT SURGERY
- The surgery consists in raising the brows and lifting the eyelids giving a more open, brighter fresh look.
- The operation is performed under general anaesthetic and normally takes 1˝ -2 hours to complete.
- There are 2 types of brow lifts procedure, Open and Endoscopic.
- The technique used depends on your facial structure, skin condition and also on the hairline.
OPEN BROW LIFT
- An incision is made from ear to ear, either along or slightly behind the natural hairline.
- If the hairline is very high, for instance in men with receding hair, the incision can be hidden within the forehead creases.
- The forehead skin is teased away from the underlying tissues and the muscles reduced or released. Eyebrows are lifted.
- The incision is then either stitched or clipped.
- This operation normally takes 1˝ hour to complete.
ENDOSCOPIC BROW LIFT
- This procedure is more refined than the open brow lift.
- Between 3 to 5 small incisions, less than 2.5cm long are made in the scalp.
- The surgeon inspects the underlying tissues using an endoscope which is a small flexible tube with a tiny camera at one end - inserted into one of the incisions.
- Muscles are then removed and tightened. The eyebrows are lifted and held in place with stitches, or temporary screws behind the hairline. The incisions are either stitched or clipped.
- This operation normally takes 2 hours to complete.
The Harley Medical Group are specialists in Cosmetic Surgery procedures, find out why you should choose them.
BROW LIFT PRICES
There is no set price for brow lift surgery as every single
patient is different and treated on an entirely individual, case-by-case
basis. In order to get a quote that is specific to you, find your
nearest clinic and please book in for your free consultation with one of
our nurses to discuss your requirements in complete confidence. The
price you are given will include everything from the procedure itself,
to the cost of your overnight stay and aftercare appointments – there
are no hidden costs.
Find out more about our procedures and treatments, for a free no obligation consultation and to meet with a nurse please contact us on 0800 022 3479 or click through to book online.