Face Lift Surgery
Look as young as you feel
The visible signs of ageing such as lines and wrinkles, loose skin and brown spots, no longer have to be an inevitable part of getting old, and many people choose to reverse these signs with the help of face lift surgery and other surgical and non-surgical procedures. Face lift surgery, also known as rhytidectomy, is one of the most commonly requested procedures by both men and women who want to look as young as they feel. It is performed to remove or reduce the skin that has lost its natural elasticity – usually around the eyes, mouth and jaw line – smooth the skin, reduce lines and wrinkles and rejuvenate a tired-looking appearance.
BENEFITS OF HAVING FACE LIFT SURGERY
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Looking younger
- Feeling rejuvenated and fresher
Facts about face lift surgery
- 42 % more men than 5 years ago are treating their lines and wrinkles with cosmetic surgery.
- The desire for men to stay young looking is more and more important nowadays.
- Face lift and neck lift are amongst the most efficient cosmetic surgery procedures to fight against the sign of ageing.
- Face lifts are a popular treatment for men as well as women
- Improved surgical techniques mean scars and recovery time are minimised.
THE PROCEDURE FOR FACE LIFT SURGERY
- The surgery consists of lifting the skin, removing the excess fat, tightening the muscles and removing any excess skin.
- There are three types of face lift surgery procedures, the Traditional face lift, Minimal-access cranial suspension and Keyhole Surgery.
- The technique used depends on your facial structure and desired outcome.
- Your surgeon will let you know whether which type of surgery is suitable for you.
Traditional face lift
- A surgical cut is made in your hairline,down past the front of your ears and then up into the hairline again behind the ears.
- Cuts may also be made under your chin if you want to lift a sagging jaw line.
- Skin is carefully separated from the underlying tissues.
- Excess fat is removed and muscles are tightened surrounding the tissues of the face.
- Skin is lifted, pulled back and any excess skin is trimmed off.
- The skin is then stitched back to the line where the cut was initially made.
- Fine plastic drainage tubes may be left in the wounds, usually behind your ears. These allow blood and fluids to drain.
Minimal-access cranial suspension (MACS)
- Surgical cuts are shorter than for a traditional face lift.
- Small cuts are made in your temple and in front of your ears.
- Excess fat is removed and the muscles are tightened using permanent stitches.
- Most commonly carried out for upper face or brow lifts.
- Tiny cuts are made into the skin through which an endoscope is passed.
- The operation is carried out by looking at the pictures sent from the endoscope to a monitor.
- Leaves smaller scars and usually means a shorter recovery time.
Watch our face lift procedure video to see before and after photographs and hear a patient's story.
The Harley Medical Group are specialists in Cosmetic Surgery procedures, find out why you should choose them.
FACE LIFT PRICES
There is no set price for face lift surgery as every single
patient is different and treated on an entirely individual, case-by-case
basis. In order to get a quote that is specific to you, find your
nearest clinic and please book in for your free consultation with one of
our nurses to discuss your requirements in complete confidence. The
price you are given will include everything from the procedure itself,
to the cost of your overnight stay and aftercare appointments – there
are no hidden costs.
Find out more about our procedures and treatments, for a free no obligation consultation and to meet with a nurse please contact us on 0800 022 3479 or click through to book online.