Why Choose The Harley Medical Group
- • We are medically led with all consultations conducted by a fully trained nurse counsellor who will check your medical history
- • We ensure all patients are assessed for their suitability of Medical Microdermabrasion by taking a complimentary Computerised Photo Imaging Skin Analysis test prior to treatment
- • Providing patients with the right after care is important to us. Our nurse counsellors will advise you on the best post-treatment care regime to use at home to maximise the benefits of Medical Microdermabrasion Click here to book your free consultation with a Medical Professional
Medical Microdermabrasion is a non surgical method of rejuvenation by means of mechanical skin exfoliation without chemicals or laser. The treatment can be used on the face, chest, back or shoulders.
At The Harley Medical Group we offer Medical Microdermabrasion, which uses medical grade aluminium crystals that are much more inert and effective than what is used for standard microdermabrasion treatments. Medical grade crystals are passed over the skin using a hand held device through a vacuum directly on to the outer layer of the skin's surface. These crystals, delivered at high velocity directly onto the skin's surface are immediately vacuumed away, taking the top-most layer of dead skin cells and effectively stimulating the production of collagen. The vacuum capacity used in Medical Mircrodermabrasion is significantly stronger than what is used during standard microdermabrasion, therefore providing deeper penetration and guaranteeing better results.
This quick and convenient treatment immediately restores smoother younger looking skin and is great for treating:
The appearance of fine lines, scars and wrinkles
Sun damaged and uneven skin tone
Acne prone skin
Superficial age spots and Hyper-pigmentation
Excessive oiliness or dry skin
- Medical Microdermabrasion is suitable for all skin types
- A single Medical Microdermabrasion treatment can remove as many dead skin cells from the outer layer of skin which a three glycolic treatments would require
- The treatment encourages better cellular renewal which improves elasticity, overall texture and reduces signs of ageing
- The vacuum and medical grade crystal controls are flexible, so patients can tailor their treatment for their individual skin type needs
- Instant, visible results as the treatment does not require any recovery time
- Following Medical Microdermabrasion the skin is in a better condition to absorb anti-ageing and acne creams
- Medical Microdermabrasion is much more effective than having Skin Peels, so often patients usually combine the two treatments to get the best results.
- Medical Microdermabrasion can also be used in combination with Laser Rejuvenation treatment
Frequently asked questions
- What is Medical Microdermabrasion?
- Medical Microdermabrasion - Is it right for me?
- How is a Medical Microdermabrasion treatment performed?
- Why should I opt for Medical Microdermabrasion over a standard microdermabrasion treatment?
- Will I experience any pain during my treatment?
- How long does a Medical Microdermabrasion treatment take?
- How often do I need to have Medical Microdermabrasion treatments?
- What do I need to consider after I've had my treatment?
- How much does a Medical Microdermabrasion treatment cost?
Click here to see our price list
We would be delighted to book you in for your free Medical Microdermabrasion consultation with a Nurse Counsellor
Please call 0800 022 3479 or click through to book online.