The Quest For A Flat Stomach: Liposuction And Tummy Tucks
How many times have you looked in the mirror and sucked in your stomach to make it look flatter? Celebrity influence and media culture would have us believe that the perfect body is having a flat stomach.
How many times have you looked in the mirror and sucked in your stomach to make it look flatter? Celebrity influence and media culture would have us believe that the perfect body is having a flat stomach. Of course, it’s more important to be healthy than to have rock hard abs and a washboard stomach but for some, a little sculpt, firm and tone is all that’s necessary to attain the coveted flat stomach – and this is where Liposuction and Tummy Tuck procedures come in.
Not a weight loss tool
Contrary to popular belief, neither Liposuction nor Tummy Tucks should be used as quick fix weight loss tools. In fact, they are sculpting and firming aids for those who are already at their target weight – although each procedure attracts slightly different candidates.
Why should I have Liposuction?
Here are some of the reasons people choose to undergo Liposuction:
- Liposuction can successfully remove those stubborn pockets of fat on which exercise has no effect.
- Liposuction can make you look more in proportion (particularly helpful for pear-shaped women).
- Liposuction can encourage and motivate you to continue exercising regularly and eating healthily.
Is Liposuction right for me?
Ideal Liposuction candidates are already at their target weight (or even slightly below) but have small deposits of fat which are resistant to exercise and controlled diets. The procedure will not help you lose weight but can leave you with a figure that is more in proportion and will help your clothes to fit better – often giving the appearance of weight loss.
Why should I have a Tummy Tuck?
Here are some of the reasons people choose to undergo Tummy Tuck surgery:
- Following Tummy Tuck surgery, patients find they are able to wear more fitted clothes (as the procedure removes loose excess skin).
- Tummy Tuck patients benefit from regaining a more toned, tauter body.
- Having a Tummy Tuck generally increases a patient’s self-esteem and self-confidence.
Is a Tummy Tuck right for me?
Ideal candidates for Tummy Tuck surgery are already at their target weight, usually having already lost a significant amount of weight. The procedure removes the excess skin you’re left with following this period of weight loss and tightens your abdominal muscles, leaving your stomach tighter, firmer and flatter.
Interested in finding out more about either of these Cosmetic Surgical procedures? Then get in touch with us today to book your FREE consultation and find out if Liposuction or Tummy Tuck surgery is right for you.