Medically Reviewed April 2023, by Claire Clarke - Head of Surgical Services for The Harley Medical Group
Breast uplift, also known as mastopexy, is the up-lifting of droopy breasts. It raises and reshapes your breasts to a pert, firm, and full position.
Women’s breasts often sag with age and after pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss as their skin loses its elasticity. This can affect confidence and self-esteem.
A breast lift moves your nipple and areola, lifts your breast and removes excess skin.
Women choose to have breast uplift surgery for many reasons. They may want to enhance and lift their breasts, increase the size and volume, improve their breast and nipple symmetry, or have firmer and more youthful breasts.
If you have found that your breasts have lost their fullness and are not as supported as you would like them to be, breast uplift surgery could be for you.
Breast uplift before and after
These are breast uplift before and after shots of our clients. Some results are breast uplift and breast augmentation or breast reduction. You can see more images of procedures carried out by your Surgeon at your consultation.
Benefits of a breast uplift
Childbirth, breastfeeding, age, and significant weight loss can take their toll on women's bodies and in particular, their breasts.
Breast uplift surgery can offer many benefits including:
- Regain your body confidence and self-esteem
- Restore the pert appearance and higher position of your breasts
- Better fitting clothes around your chest
- More confidence in social situations
Breast uplift process
- Free initial consultation with an experienced Patient Advisor.
- Surgeon consultation.
- Pre-operative assessment with your Nurse.
- 24hr pre- and post-op wellness calls.
- 7 days and 6 to 8 weeks post-operative appointments.
- Comprehensive care every step of the way.
During your consultation you will discuss:
- Your reason for a breast uplift
- The changes you want to make to your breasts
- The results you would like to achieve
- Any lifestyle changes needed before surgery including smoking and medications.
Your surgeon will make a cut around your areola and vertically under your breast. Sometimes they also make a cut in the crease under your breast. They will remove extra skin from underneath your breast, reshape and make it tighter, and move your nipples higher. They can also reduce the size of your areola.
If you are having a breast augmentation as well, they will insert your implants to create a natural shape.
You may stay overnight in the hospital.
You can expect bruising and swelling to your breasts and surrounding areas after a breast uplift. You should follow your surgeon’s post-op recovery advice to ensure your optimum recovery.
We recommend that you take two weeks off work for office-based jobs.
Avoid vigorous activities after your breast uplift.
Types of breast uplift
There are different types of breast uplift, depending on the incisions made by your surgeon and whether you want a breast enlargement or reduction at the same time. Your surgeon will discuss these options with you and advise you on the best type of breast uplift to meet your desired breast appearance.
Breast Uplift Cost
Breast Uplift costs vary depending on requirements. Fees at The Harley Medical Group include:
- your surgeon consultation appointment
- pre-operative assessment
- your procedure
- hospital stay and aftercare.
There are no hidden costs.
At The Harley Medical Group, we have a number of payment plans available to suit individual budgets, including a 0% finance loan paid over 12 months.
Breast uplift FAQs
The procedure is most suitable for patients who feel self-conscious about their breasts. This may be for a variety of reasons.
A woman’s breasts may have become flatter, empty looking, deflated, and saggy due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, or ageing. Breasts may be no longer firm and pert, making it difficult to wear clothes without the support of a bra. Premature ageing skin causes drooping breasts and may reduce self-confidence both in and out of clothes.
The final decision will be made between you and your Cosmetic Surgeon.
No, we are unable to offer any surgery while you are pregnant or breastfeeding. However, please contact us 6 months after giving birth or after breastfeeding and talk to our friendly advisors to discuss the next steps.
You will have some scarring where the incisions are made. This is around your nipple and in a vertical line beneath each breast. These scars will not be noticeable when you are wearing a bra or swimwear. Over time, most scars fade.
You will not feel any pain during the procedure as you will be given a general anaesthetic beforehand that puts you to sleep.
After surgery, you may feel pain and discomfort. We can prescribe medication to relieve this.
Breast uplift with implants
Breast uplift is often combined with a breast augmentation to create fuller and optimally positioned breasts. It is known as an augmented mastopexy.
If you have a lack of natural breast tissue and you are looking for a fuller effect, a breast uplift with breast augmentation inserts breast implants to add fullness to the breasts.
Why choose The Harley Medical Group for your breast uplift?
- Over 35 years of experience in delivering the highest quality cosmetic surgery.
- Audited by the independent regulator Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Competitive pricing and payment options including 0% finance loans payable over 12 months.
- GMC-registered Surgeons licenced to practice in the UK specifically for plastic surgery.
- Conveniently and locally available at our 9 clinics across the UK.
- Expert team of Nurses, Surgeons, and Doctors who are passionately dedicated to enhancing people's lives.
- Professional, ethical and safe with patient wellbeing always being our top priority.
- Virtual consultations available.
- Use the highest quality MENTOR® breast implants with FDA approval and a 10-year warranty.
- A Breast Safety Charter to ensure our patients receive the very best care.
- Performed almost 1000 breast surgeries last year (July 2021-22).
- 24-hour experienced Nurse helpline available 365 days a year.
- We put you, your goals, your results, and your entire experience at the forefront of what we do.