Dr Mohsen El Gammal
Consultant surgeon in BREAST Surgery
GMC Number: 4053208
Dr. Mohsen El Gammal is a Consultant Breast Surgeon at the Medway NHS Foundation Trust. He is on the GMC Specialist Register for Breast surgery and European Board Certified in Breast Surgery (FEBS).
He graduated from Cairo University in 1983 following his studies in medicine and undertook his specialist training in the UK and Spain. Mr El Gammal has over 20 years of experience solely dedicated to breast surgery and breast reconstructive surgery.
Mr El Gammal is a keen believer in patient centred care and works together with his patients and his team to provide the best care within strict evidenced based practises. He has published numerous peer-reviewed publications in highly respected international medical journals and conducted world-wide presentations in his field of expertise.
- European Board of Surgery (EBQS) Qualification - Breast Surgery
- PG Diploma in Breast Reconstructive Microsurgery - Universitat AutÃ²noma de Barcelona UAB
- PG Diploma in Cancer Studies – Plymouth University
- FRCS - Edinburgh
- MB BCh (with Honors) - Cairo University, Egypt
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Change of Implants
- Gynaecomastia (Male breast reduction)
- Mastopexy (Breast Uplift)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Membership number: 4053208
- European Board of Surgery/Breast Surgery - Fellow
- Association of Breast Surgery (ABS)
- British Association of Cancer Surgery (BASO)
- European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical and Dental Defense Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
- Discretionary award/Associate Specialist, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust 2003-2004
- Discretionary award/Associate Specialist, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust 2005-2006
- Discretionary award/Associate Specialist, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust 2006-2007
Beyond the operating theatre
Beyond the theatre Mr El Gammal enjoys playing golf, walking, reading, music and light gardening. He also appreciate travelling around Europe and family life, keeping busy with his wife of over 25 years and his 4 children. Mr El Gammal enjoys Italian food and often listen to Andrea Bocelli.