Mr Ahmed El Gawad
GMC Number: 6140288
Mr El Gawad's key areas of interest include, cosmetic facial surgery, (face and neck lift), ear reshaping (Otoplasty), and nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty). Mr El Gawad is a full member of BAPRAS; British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. In addition he is a full member of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic surgeons (BAAPS), a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSEd) and a Fellow of the European Board of Plastic Surgery (EBOPRAS).
He qualified as a doctor in 1995 following his studies at Cairo University Teaching Hospitals and undertook his specialist training at land mark International units such as; Cairo University Teaching Hospital, Welsh Centre for Plastic Surgery, Royal Liverpool Childrens Hospital, Broomfield Hospital and others. He is currently based in the North West as a full time NHS Consultant Plastic Surgeon leading the service in the Liverpool University Teaching Hospital.
- BLRS - British Limb Reconstruction Society
- ESTES - European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery
- BAAPS - British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- BAPRAS - British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- ESPRS - Egyptian Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- GMC - General Medical Council specialist register; 6140288
- BMA - British Medical Association
- MPS - Medical Defence Union
- ESSR - European Society for Surgical Research
- FRCS Plast Royal College of Surgeons Sep 2012
- European Board in Plastic surgery May 2009
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons Ireland March 2007
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh March 2009
- MD (Plastic surgery) Cairo University March 2005
- MSc (Plastic surgery) Cairo University November 2000
- MB BCH Cairo University December 1995
- GCE University of London June 1989
Recent Professional Experience
- Consultant Plastic Ortho-Plastic & Micro Surgeon Whiston & Royal Liverpool Hospital Oct 2014 till present
- Consultant Plastic, Hand & Micro Surgeon KAMCJ , Saudi Arabia Sep 2013- Oct 2014
- Locum Consultant Plastic, Hand & Micro Norfolk & Norwich University Teaching Hospital May 2013- Sep 2013
- L Consultant/ Senior Registrar, Countess of Chester Hospital, Aug 2012- May 2013
The operating theatre and beyond
Ahmed can be found operating at the Pall Mall near Warrington.
A philanthropist, Ahmed is an executive member of Abu El-Reesh Friends Association that aims to help children with cancer in North Africa. A Judo Champion in his youth his current favoured 'down-time' activities are spending time with his family as well as diving and fishing in the most gorgeous sea spots all over the world.
Your clinic will be able to show you Mr El Gawad’s full CV and introduce you to his past patients.