MR Mo Akhavani
Consultant surgeon in Plastic Surgery
GMC Number: 4629610
After attending Imperial College School of Medicine, London and St. George’s Hospital Medical School, London Mr Akhanani furthered his education in the Department of Orthopaedics at the University of California, Los Angeles as well as the Infectious Diseases Unit, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. A highly regarded surgeon Mr Akhanani was awarded a Hunterian Professorship for his research in plastic surgery and his current research interest includes limb transplant. In addition his research work is widely published in both books and peer reviewed journals, and he is frequently invited to speak on surgery both nationally and internationally.
- F.R.C.S. (Plast) 2012
- MD (Res) 2009
- M.R.C.S. (Eng) 2004
- M.B.B.S 1999
Recent Professional Experience
- Substantive Consultant Plastic Surgeon & Locum Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London - 2015-2016
- Honorary Lecturer, University College London - 2016
- ST7: Plastic Surgery, St. George’s Hospital, London - 2012-2014
- ST6: Plastic Surgery, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital - 2011-2012
- ST5: Plastic Surgery, Royal Free Hospital, London - 2010-2011
- ST4: Plastic Surgery, Royal Free Hospital, London - 2009-2010
- Arm Lift
- Breast Enlargement
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Uplift with Implants (Augmented Mastopexy)
- Breast Uplift (Mastopexy)
- Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty)
- Eye Bag Removal (Blepharoplasty)
- Face Lift
- Inverted Nipples
- Neck Lift
- Thigh Lift
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Highgate Hospital, London
- Harley Health Village, London
- The London Welbeck Hospital
What our patients say...
I am very pleased with my surgeon Mo Akhavani and the results (changed my life).
Eve - Wimbledon Clinic
Very prompt and attentive. Friendly and understanding.
Andreea - Harley Street Clinic
beyond the theatre
Mr Akhavani is an active sportsman who enjoys playing cricket, as a student he represented St. George’s Medics and now plays occasionally for the Royal Free cricket team. He is also a keen boxer and regularly attends his local boxing gym; Mo is also a “Ring side” physician for the Amateur Boxing Association of England. His other interests include going to the cinema, travelling and dining out. Mr Akhavani is fluent in both Persian and Turkish.
Your clinic will be able to show you Mr Akhavani's full CV and introduce you to his past patients.