PROFESSOR PHILIP DREW
CONSULTANT SURGEON IN PLASTIC SURGERY
GMC NUMBER: 4599441
Professor Philip Drew is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at the Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust where he treats over 500 new patients with breast cancer every year. He actively contributes to the education of surgeons and is an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeon’s England, Imperial College and several other universities in the UK and abroad. He also personally oversees the development of trainees and registrars. He has also recently joined The Harley Medical Group as a breast specialist.
He qualified at St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College London in 1990. He has 20 years surgical experience and has obtained a Master of Surgery degree in 2001.
- MBBS MD (Hons)
- MS FRCS (Eng)
- FRCS (Glasg)
- FRCS (Ed)
- FRCS (Gen Surg)
Recent professional experience
- Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at the Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust
- Co-director of the Advanced Management of Breast Disease Course of the Royal College of Surgeon’s England
- A member of council of both the Association of Breast Surgery
- A member of the Society of Academic and Research Surgeons
- Highgate Hospital, London
- The London Welbeck Hospital
BEYOND THE OPERATING THEATRE
Away from the consultant room and operating theatre Philip leads a very active life. Returning to Cornwall to raise his family, he makes the most of the various outdoor pursuits available to him particularly enjoying sailing and surfing. He also has a keen competitive streak and can be found participating in triathlons, half marathons and even the Iron Man competition.
Your clinic will be able to show you Professor Drew's full CV and introduce you to his past patients.