PROFESSOR PHILIP DREW
CONSULTANT SURGEON IN PLASTIC SURGERY
GMC NUMBER: 4599441
Professor Philip Drew is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at the Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust where he treats over 500 new patients with breast cancer every year. He actively contributes to the education of surgeons and is an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeon’s England, Imperial College and several other universities in the UK and abroad. He also personally oversees the development of trainees and registrars. He has also recently joined The Harley Medical Group as a breast specialist.
He qualified at St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College London in 1990. He has 20 years surgical experience and has obtained a Master of Surgery degree in 2001.
- MBBS MD (Hons)
- MS FRCS (Eng)
- FRCS (Glasg)
- FRCS (Ed)
- FRCS (Gen Surg)
- Augmented Mastopexy (Breast Lift)
- Breast Augmentation & Areola Lift
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Change of Implants
- Gynaecomastia (Male breast reduction)
- Inverted nipples
- Mastopexy (Breast Uplift)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Membership number: 3482955
- Royal Society of Medacine - Member of Regional Council
- Association of Breast Surgeons (ABS) - Member of National Council
- British Association of Surgical Oncology
- British Oncological Association
- Society of Academic and Research Surgery (SARSSARS) - Treasurer and Member of Executive Council (2001)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME)
- British Association of Plastic Surgeons
Recent professional experience
- Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at the Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust
- Co-director of the Advanced Management of Breast Disease Course of the Royal College of Surgeon’s England
- A member of council of both the Association of Breast Surgery
- A member of the Society of Academic and Research Surgeons
- Harley Health Village
What our patients say...
I had a breast enlargement surgery with Dr. Philip Drew and my experience was outstanding! All staff members were amazing and I could tell that my wellbeing was their priority! I would highly recommend not only Dr. Drew himself but also The Harley Medical Group. You will receive extra care!
Everything! I couldn't have asked for a better team to take me through my journey. The girls at the Watford branch are great. They resolved any issues I may have had and always were able to put my mind at ease. My surgeon Dr Drew was amazing. Everyone made each part perfect for me. I am so happy I chose the HMG and I will be sure to recommend.
Every person listened to me with empathy and understanding and my surgeon (Professor Drew) was outstanding!
They were very informative and helpful. My surgeon was lovely and I felt listened to and understood with any concerns I had. He took the time to come and see me post surgery and had a lovely bed side manner
Very friendly and informative with a good bedside manner.
Very polite, professional and understanding, not at all pushy and very welcoming
BEYOND THE OPERATING THEATRE
Away from the consultant room and operating theatre Philip leads a very active life. Returning to Cornwall to raise his family, he makes the most of the various outdoor pursuits available to him particularly enjoying sailing and surfing. He also has a keen competitive streak and can be found participating in triathlons, half marathons and even the Iron Man competition.
Your clinic will be able to show you Professor Drew's full CV and introduce you to his past patients.