What should I avoid Following Treatment
You may look and feel as though you have sunburn, to ensure your skin returns to normal as quickly as possible and to achieve the best results we advise:
- Always make sure that your hands are thoroughly clean when touching the treatment area post procedure.
- Aggressive Skin Care Products should be avoided until the redness has subsided and it is recommended that makeup is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid sauna’s, exercise, hot baths/showers until the redness has gone (this is usually within 24 hours minimum)
- Avoid intensive sunlight exposure and artificial UV exposure for a period of atleast 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
- Fake tan should not be applied 10-14 days prior, and 7 days following a Dermaroller treatment
What steps should be taken to ensure optimum results?
Once the redness has resolved, the skin may exfoliate more and feel drier than normal. The Harley Medical Group would recommend the following Skin Care Range for patient’s receiving Dermaroller Therapy-
> The Harley Medical Group Gentle Cleanser am and pm
> The Harley Medical Group Anti-Ageing Youth Serum am and pm
> The Harley Medical Group Anti-Ageing Moisturising Complex am and pm
> The Harley Medical Group Aloe Vera Gel following the treatment until the redness has subsided
> Heliocare SPF 50 daily for a minimum of 2-3 weeks post treatment or throughout the course.
For patients with oily skin types/ or prone to occasional acne break outs may experience a break out following a Dermaroller treatment as the deeper impurities in the may need to surface due to increase of cell turnover. Please speak to your treatment specialist to discuss methods and suitable products to help reduce the acne symptoms.
Maintenance treatments are normally recommended to achieve optimum result.
If you have any concerns or further questions related to Dermaroller treatment, please feel free to contact your clinic.