Laser Hair Removal
Medically reviewed by The Harley Medical Group Clinical Governance Board, on 18th September 2018.
Laser hair removal
Advanced laser HAir REMOVAL Solution
At The Harley Medical Group we're experts in Laser Hair Removal. Our Medically Trained Cosmetic Nurses have performed over 250,000 treatments to date and we pride ourselves on our exceptional safety standards and patient satisfaction. At our 19 clinics across the UK, including London, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol, Northampton, Southampton, Nottingham, Cardiff and more, you'll only ever be seen by a Highly Trained Professional and, unlike many smaller practices, The Harley Medical Group is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Because we use advanced Lasers we can treat all skin tones and most hair colours. Our commitment to patient safety also means you'll receive a melanin level check before each treatment, while our specialist grid system treats every millimetre of the skin, giving you the best possible results.
UNLIMITED LASER HAIR REMOVAL FOR ONLY £146 A MONTH – ONLY 100 PACKAGES AVAILABLE
Book our very exclusive offer now for Unlimited Laser Hair Removal appointments for 1 whole year!
This is unlimited areas, unlimited appointments for £2000 or pay a minimum deposit of £250 and pay £146 monthly. We are only offering this to the first 100 clients so book now!
Call 0330 838 4292 or click below to book a FREE consultation now!
T&C’s: Offer is subject to full consultation and client suitability, Liverpool St, Wimbledon and Birmingham are excluded. First treatment must be booked and paid for before 31/12/2018 and delivered by 31/01/2019.
Laser Hair Removal Finance – from just £19 per month
Did you know you can get some of the most popular laser hair removal treatments from just £19 per month? That’s less than the price of a cup of coffee per day and includes a pack of 4 treatments for underarms.
Book your free consultation to learn more and speak to one of our friendly experts.
The Laser Hair Removal Process
Laser hair removal targets the hair follicle using brief pulses of light energy. The laser light is absorbed by melanin in the hair follicle and prevents any regrowth from happening in the future. The process is completely safe and leaves the surrounding tissue unharmed.
LASER HAIR Treatments are spaced at four-to-eight weekly intervals
The course of treatments is usually spaced at four-to-eight week intervals, depending on which area is treated. Hair must be trimmed two days before the first treatment. Each hair has its own growth cycle, so you may need several treatments to remove all of the hair. Within two weeks, the active hairs will start to fall out; it’s important to avoid waxing, plucking, epilating or bleaching between treatments.
laser treatment for hair removal is practically pain free and removes up to 95% of hair and has long term time and cost savings compared to other hair removal methods - speak to one of our specialists today to talk through your treatment options.
laser hair removal BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES
See some of the brilliant results from our Laser Hair treatments.
TIP: Drag the slider bar left and right to view Laser Hair Removal Before & After Photos
Why shave or wax when you can Laser?
Laser Hair Removal offers a convenient alternative to the hassle of regular shaving and waxing, with a single course of treatment providing patients with a permanent reduction in unwanted hair growth.
Did you know the average woman spends 72 days shaving her legs* over her lifetime. 72 days!
Statistics show as much as 95% of the hair targeted by a course of Laser Hair Treatments is permanently removed. So you'll never be caught out by a stubbly shin or fuzzy underarm again! Not to mention Laser Hair Removal is an effective treatment for ingrown hairs, leaving you to enjoy smooth, hairless skin year round.
Book your free consultation today or, for more information browse our FAQs.
Read Our CUSTOMER REVIEW - AS SEEN IN GLAMOUR Magazine
'I’d heard good things from friends who’d tried laser hair removal, so I decided to give it a go. I really wanted to make sure I got the best possible treatment, so I went to The Harley Medical Group because they’re a well-known company I could trust. Before my first treatment, I was a bit worried that it might hurt – but as soon as it began, I realised it was less painful than waxing! Even better, I noticed a difference straight away. I had no visible hairs after my first visit to the clinic, so I didn’t have to shave my legs at all. And now, after 4 sessions of treatment, they’re completely smooth.' Georgina, 25, treatment: full leg laser treatment for hair removal.
‘*Source: Daily Mail’
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Excessive or unsightly body hair can be upsetting for both men and women and difficult or inconvenient to remove. Laser hair removal is a rapid, yet gentle way of removing unwanted hair, and is medically proven to give you permanent hair reduction.
Your safety is fundamental
- Due to a change in government policy Lasers in the UK are no longer regulated. This means that anyone can use a laser and no one is checking the machine's safety or the therapists training and skills.
- We are regulated by CQC so we must (and are proud to) comply with very strict guidelines on training and safety.
- In the UK, we have been instrumental in the research and development of different laser hair removal systems. As a result, we can provide treatment for hair removal for a wide variety of hair and skin types.
- We are safer because we always closely assess the skin before treatment to ensure you are treated on the correct setting to maximise safety and results
- Laser hair removal is carried out by our fully qualified Cosmetic Nurses and Aesthetic Practitioners who are specially trained and highly experienced in carrying out virtually permanent hair removal treatments.
We deliver excellent results
- Laser hair removal is the only clinically proven treatment for the removal of unwanted facial and body hair gently, quickly and effectively with long-lasting results
- The treatment is virtually painless and is suitable for a wide variety of hair and skin types, including suntanned skins.
- Laser hair removal is a virtually permanent hair removal solution. Statistics show that 60-95% of targeted hair is permanently gone after the recommended course of laser hair treatments.
- It is an effective treatment for ingrown hairs; no more irritated skin and red bumps caused by those ingrown hairs.
- As the laser is passed over the area being treated, all of the hairs are destroyed, even treating the developing hairs you cannot see. Thereby reducing further growth and leaving a silky smooth feel even on sensitive skin
Laser Hair Removal Cost
LASER HAIR REMOVAL COST
*UP TO 45% OFF LASER HAIR REMOVAL PRICES*
Laser hair removal can be used on any part of the body, including the most common problem areas: bikini, face, legs and underarms. And if you buy one of our packages then you could save up to 45%.
We now offer 0% FINANCE FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL Treatment packages - Spread the cost of your treatment over 12 months (initial deposit 15%) and what's best is it's interest free!
An example of our prices can be seen in the table below.
For more laser hair removal prices scroll down for our treatment Calculator
* Package prices stated above already include the saving.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL AFTERCARE
Laser Hair Removal Aftercare
In between laser hair treatment advice
- You may continue to shave or use depilatory creams if you wish to keep the treated area ‘hair free’. However it is not advisable to pluck or wax the area between treatments as this disturbs the hair growth cycle which can make subsequent treatments less effective.
- However when returning for follow-on treatment please ensure that 1-2mm of hair is visible on the surface of your skin. You must also ensure that the area to be treated is not tanned, as explained above.
- Regrettably it is not possible to treat tanned skin for safety reasons - except with our Soprano Ice laser.
- We request that you shave the treatment area the day before your appointment, this is to ensure your skin is not too sensitive to treat.
After laser hair treatment advice
- It is common to experience some redness and in some instances a heat rash. This should have dissipated in one to eight hours following treatment.
- Occasionally superficial ‘skin flaking’ is experienced. This is a normal temporary reaction. The following skin care is advised: apply soothing cream such as Aloe Vera gel or after-sun lotion and continue your normal skin care routine.
- If any ‘abnormal’ side-effects occur then please apply Vaseline ointment to the area and contact one of our Therapists at the clinic for advice.
- We expect your treated hair roots to fall out in between treatments. We do not recommend you pluck these hairs however we do suggest the gentle exfoliation except on irritated skin.
- Please ensure that direct exposure of treated areas to the sun is avoided. When outdoors protect treated areas by using a complete sun block (factor 50). Ideally the area should not be exposed to direct sunlight until your course of treatment is complete and you are satisfied you will not be having further treatment to that area.
- Patients who are unsure if they are too tanned are invited for treatment to attend their clinic for a complimentary melanin check at least 3 days prior to their treatment to determine if treatment can go ahead as planned.
- It is strongly advised that all laser patients remain at the clinic for as long as necessary so that the treated area is adequately cooled with the aid of ice packs.
- Please feel free to take a small ice pack out of the freezer for your journey home.
If you have any further queries following your treatments please do not hesitate to contact one of our trained laser therapists in your local clinic.
Either click to book your free Laser Hair Removal consultation with a nurse or call 0800 022 3479
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do men have Laser Hair Removal?
At The Harley Medical Group a significant number of our Laser Hair Removal patient are men – including Olympians gymnast Louis Smith and diver Pete Waterfield. The most popular treatment areas are the neck, chest and back.
Can I have Laser Hair Removal with a suntan?
We are able to treat both darker skin types and suntanned skin (natural tan and fake tan) at any time of the year.
Previously our practitioners practitioners would only treat tanned skin once it had faded which was limiting for our clients. We have undertaken extensive research and consequently developed a new treatment technique. By changing the wavelength of our laser we can avoid the top layers of your skin which means we can safely continue with your treatments without having to wait for your suntan to fade.
Please be aware that there may be rare circumstances when your practitioner feels that your skin is unsuitable for treating, for example if they identify evidence of sunburn. We take the safety of our patients very seriously so please don’t be upset if you are rejected, but understand that this is to ensure you are not hurt by the laser.
Will Laser Hair Removal help with my ingrown hairs?
Absolutely, often our patients will report that most of their ingrown hairs are gone after their first treatment, though we recommend a course to ensure they are completely gone.
Is Laser Hair Removal painful?
We advise patients that they may feel some discomfort during their treatment. The sensation is often likened to snapping an elastic band against the skin. However many patients report the treatment to be much more comfortable than they had expected and those who have waxed previously often say the pain level is more tolerable.
If you are concerned about the discomfort involved then the new Soprano Laser may be a preferable option. One of the biggest benefits of this innovative laser is that it has a cooled tip, making the treatment virtually painless.
Which skin tones and hair colours can be treated with Laser Hair Removal?
At The Harley Medical Group the advanced Lasers we use mean we can safely treat every skin tone on the Fitzpatrick Scale.
When Laser Hair Removal technology was first being developed it was the case that only dark hairs and light skin tones could be treated. This is because the early lasers could not differentiate between the pigment in the hair and pigment in the skin, and so treating darker skin tones could lead to burns and changes in pigmentation.
However, as the technology has advanced, lasers with adjustable wavelengths have been developed, making it safe to use Laser Hair Removal on darker skin tones, tanned skin as well as being able to target lighter hair colours.
*Unfortunately we are unable to treat blonde, white and grey hairs colours at this time.
How many Laser Hair Removal treatments will I need?
For the best results we recommend a course of 4 - 8 Laser Hair Removal Treatments with a gap of between 4 and 8 weeks between each appointment.
This is because the hair growth cycle occurs in three stages: growing, resting and transitional and a hair can only be targeted by the laser if it is in the growing stage, so not all hairs can be targeted in a single treatment.
Your practitioner will advise you at your consultation the best course for you to achieve optimum results.
What happens in between and after Laser Hair Removal Treatments?
There is very little if any recovery time, though you may have some redness following a treatment, this may last between one and eight hours. To help cool skin some patients require ice packs and we also recommend applying a soothing aloe vera lotion or aftersun to the skin following a treatment session.
For 24 hours after your treatment you should avoid heat treatments, saunas and direct sun exposure, we recommend using sun block on exposed areas. You should allow around 14-20 days for the hairs to fall out following your treatments, you can aid this process by exfoliating.
In between Laser Hair Removal treatments you are free to shave the area, in fact we request you shave the treatment area the day before your appointment. We do advise against waxing as this can disrupt the hair growth cycle and make subsequent treatments less effective. Gradually you will notice the hair start to shed in the treated area, it will continue to grow as you progress through your course though this will noticeably reduce the more treatments you have.
A small number of people may experience side effects such as pink skin, redness, swelling around the treatment are or the follicles, if you have any concerns please contact your local clinic.
What results can I expect?
While some patients do tell us they see a noticeable difference after their first treatment we would suggest that you’ll see real results around your third treatment. We start on a lower setting and increase this as you progress through your course to ensure your skin doesn’t react to the laser and that the experience is comfortable for you while still being effective, this may mean you results are slower to start with but with improve dramatically until you have noticeable permanent hair reduction. It is also worth remembering that some hair is thicker and has deeper roots so will take longer for noticeable results, this is perfectly normal and at The Harley Medical Group we have the highest quality lasers that will treat all areas.
It’s natural that hair will continue to grow on your body, though significantly reduced following a treatment course, The Harley Medical Group has maintenance packages available for any top-ups you require. However in some cases the continuation of hair growth may be due to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), as a nurse led practice we understand the impact of PCOS on a lady’s confidence so we have introduced a 10% discount for any patient with a doctors note.
What is the Soprano Ice Laser?
The Soprano Ice Laser is the latest in Laser Hair Removal technology. This innovative laser comes with three key benefits:
- The Soprano provides faster treatments, making it preferable for large areas such as the legs and back.
- The treatment is virtually painless thanks to the cooled laser tip which cools as it treats.
- The Soprano Laser can safely treat naturally sun tanned skin.
Multiple clinical studies have proven the treatment to be the safest method of laser hair removal for all skin types, including dark skin whereby melanin is significantly more sensitive to the heat used in laser treatment.
Some clinical studies:
White Paper by Dr. Tania Meneghel, Renaissance Clinic, São Paulo, Brazil
White Paper by Dr. Fernando Urdiales, Miramar Instituto Medico, Málaga, Spain
Peer reviewed article by Dr. Martin Braun, Vancouver Laser and Skin, Vancouver, Canada
Long-term clinical study by Dr. Christopher Zachary, Department Chair, University of California
Why Choose The Harley Medical Group?
Laser Treatments in the UK are no longer regulated by law, meaning with many clinics there is no one checking the quality and performance of the lasers being used or the training and ability of the individual using the laser. This is not the case at The Harley Medical Group and we are proud to be regulated by the Care Quality Commission or the Healthcare Inspectorate Wales.
Our commitment to patient safety and satisfaction means you'll only ever be seen by a Medically Trained Professional and we implement additional safety measures such as the pre-treatment melanin level check.
In addition, while there are many providers of Laser Hair Removal all offering similar services, we have developed several stages to our laser hair removal treatments to ensure we deliver the best results every time:
- Melanin check before every treatment
To ensure your skin isn’t too tanned we melanin check your skin before each treatment, using specifically designed technology, this ensures you’re treated on the correct setting to maximise safety and results.
- Use of our unique Laser Targeting grid system
This ensures we treat every millimetre of the area enabling us to use our advanced laser on the hairs you can’t see as well as the ones you can. It may mean we take a little longer to perform the treatment but we provide the most thorough results.
- Ability to treat all skin colours
At the Harley Medical group we do treat Asian / Afro Caribbean and dark skin types. Naturally darker skin has a different distribution of the melanin granules which is why they tolerate treatment more easily than an equally dark tanned skin.
Finally our Cosmetic Nurses are experts in Laser Hair Removal, having performed over 250,000 treatments to date. To maximise the results of your treatment we use a specialist grid system to ensure every millimetre of skin is targeted by the laser, so we treat the tiny hairs you may not even realise are there.