13 July 2015
They say true beauty starts from within – and it might be time to take that advice literally, with these beauty boosting foods!
Supplying your body with the right nutrients, minerals and fatty acids can give you, “the building blocks of healthy skin and hair” according to one doctor, who explains, “your diet directly affects your day-to-day appearance and plays a significant role in how well you age.” So what are the super foods that could help you look your best?
- Watermelon – loaded with lycopene, watermelon can help your skin fight the effects of UV damage, so use it to bolster your daily SPF.
- Pomegranate – packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C, pomegranate helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Blueberries - a good supply of Vitamins C and E, these little berries work to brighten the skin tone and fight off free radical damage.
- Lobster – zinc found in lobster accelerates the renewal of skin cells.
- Kale – this leafy green is packed with good stuff! Particularly though, it is high in iron, a deficiency in which can leave you looking pale and sickly.
- Eggs – as an excellent source of protein, eggs are important for healthy hair and nails.
- Walnuts – the omega-3 and essential fatty acids contained in walnuts help to repair damaged hair follicles, for strong luscious locks.
- Avocado – delicious and skin boosting! Avocado is high in oleic acid and Vitamin E that helps lock moisture into the skin, leaving it soft, plump and supple.
- Pro-biotics – the ‘good’ bacteria in pro-biotics help keep your system balanced, which in turn reduces your risk of skin conditions like Acne, Rosacea and Dandruff.
- Green tea – famed for its health benefits, green tea is full of powerful antioxidants and polyphenols – it’s nature’s own anti-ageing ingredient.
How many of these beauty boosters are included in your diet? Tell us today on Twitter.
Image credit: Matin/ Shutterstock