American plastic surgery clinic uses Facebook to improve patient experience
08 July 2011A cosmetic surgery clinic in America has claimed that communicating with patients on Facebook and other social networking sites can help to improve overall patient experience. Dr David L Buchanan of the Santa Barbara Plastic Surgery Centre believes that social media plays an important role in bringing cosmetic surgery to the 51 per cent of Americans who believe it is now acceptable. He also believes that it may help the other 49 per cent to understand what the industry is all about.In a news report by the San Francisco Chronicle, Dr Buchanan said that ‘social media plays an important role...because it provides an educational resource for potential patients, whether they are considering procedures such as Botox or breast augmentation’. He also hopes that Facebook and other channels will provide a network of support for those patients who need advice or reassurance.