18 July 2014As the go-to solution for reducing the appearance of wrinkles, Botox has made quite a name for itself in the beauty industry – but its remedies don’t stop there. According to Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Dr. Greenwald, there are seven other benefits of Botox – we bet you’ll be surprised with the results!
- Managing a leaky bladder. FDA-approved, Botox is used to reduce the frequency of urinary incontinence as a result of neurological injuries. Simply injecting Botox muscle relaxant in the bladder can help control an overactive bladder; a common condition experienced by one in five adults aged 40 and over.
- Minimising severe sweating. Injections of Botox in the underarm area have been known to curb sweating within one week – with the effects lasting approximately seven months.
- Alleviating migraines. Using this muscle relaxant has been found to relieve migraine headaches (specifically those who suffer from migraines around 15 times or more a month).
- Treating MS-related hand tremors. Researchers in Australia noted that Botox can ease hand tremors – along with improving the patient’s writing ability.
- Provide relief for teeth grinding. An injection of Botox into the temporomandibular joint can alleviate the chewing muscles to reduce teeth grinding (for about four months).
- Allay depression. A study published in the Journal of Psychiatric Research of May 2014 highlighted that more than half of the participants in the study experienced a significant improvement in their symptoms (following a single Botox injection between the eyebrows).
- Reducing arthritis pain in the knee. After receiving a Botox injection directly into the knee, researchers noted improved joint function and reduced osteoarthritis pain.