British women still confused over PIP advice

Some women with French-made PIP breast implants remain confused following new advice from the British government, according to a report in the New York Times. The UK's health secretary Andrew Lansley said on Friday that following a review, no evidence had been gathered to support the routine removal of PIP implants which were given to an estimated 40,000 women in Britain. Announcing the findings of the review panel, headed by NHS medical director Professor Bruce Keogh, Mr Lansley also said no evidence had been found to link the implants with a cancer risk due to the materials used.Women concerned about their implants have been advised to contact their GP or surgeon, and Mr Lansley said the NHS will support the removal of PIP implants if, after a consultation, patient and doctor decide that is the right thing to do. Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/07/world/europe/british-clarification-on-implant-scandal-leaves-women-more-confused-than-ever.html