Chemical Peels and Obagi: the secrets to a forever young complexion
We love a good beauty vlog at The Harley Medical Group. Whether it’s a professional contouring tutorial or a quick product review – we’ll watch them all! So when Melissa55, a 60 year old vlogger who doesn’t look a day over 40, popped up on our radar we were all ears (and eyes) as she bestowed her anti-ageing wisdom to the virtual world.
Melissa is a walking advertisement for a good skin care routine, with a smooth, glowing complexion women half her age would envy. So what are her best beauty secrets?
- Melissa doesn’t moisturise! This may go against everything you’ve ever heard about skin care, but according to the American vlogger it makes your skin “lazy”, so she skips the hydrating creams.
- She’s also sceptical about the benefits of Retinol, a Vitamin A derivative largely touted as an anti-ageing wonder ingredient by the beauty industry because it encourages the production of new skin cells. Melissa isn’t convinced about the safety of the product however, and so she doesn’t apply it to her skin.
- Similarly, Melissa is not a fan of Botox® and has never had the facial injections.
- She is however, a devout champion of the Skin Peel, crediting the treatment for the “young state” of her complexion. Melissa is particularly fond of Obagi a low concentration of Trichlororoacetic Acid, which removes the outer layers of skin to reveal a smoother, brighter, younger looking complexion.
- Melissa advises that modern cleansing tools like the Clarasonic aren’t always good for the skin, “it breaks down the muscles underneath” she warns.
Will you be trying out Melissa’s tips? Tell us today on Twitter.
Image credit: msmelissa55/ Instagram