The ultimate guide to anti-ageing â Dermatologist reveals her professional skin care secrets
12 August 2015
When it comes to our skin we’d all like to slow down the clock a little. Though with a baffling array of products and treatments on offer, knowing where to turn for an effective anti-ageing solution can seem impossible. But help is at hand as one dermatologist reveals her secrets to younger looking skin – and who better to learn from than a skin care professional!
- Sun cream – they say prevention is better than cure and this is absolutely the case when it comes to lines and wrinkles. Apply a broad spectrum sun cream in SPF 15 or above every day to protect your skin from the ageing effects of UV rays.
- Retinol – look for products with the active ingredient Retinol. The Vitamin A derivative was big news when it burst onto the beauty scene. The wonder ingredient works by preventing collagen breakdown and boosting skin cell renewal to give your complexion a brighter, smoother appearance.
- Chemical peels – Non Surgical Treatments are often the best bet for really effective anti-ageing results. Chemical peels are an effective treatment for lines and wrinkles, sun damage, acne and hyper pigmentation. They work by removing the top layer of skin dramatically improving its texture and tone.
- Laser Treatments – Laser Treatments can be used on a host of skin conditions including uneven pigmentation, sun damage, brown spots and fine lines and wrinkles giving the complexion a rejuvenated appearance.
- Dermal fillers – as their name suggests, Dermal Fillers work by literally ‘filling out’ lines and wrinkles giving the skin a newly plump and smooth texture.
What are your anti-ageing skin care secrets? Tell us today on Facebook.
Image credit: Kamil Macniak/ Shutterstock