Why vitamin E is touted as a magical Skin Care ingredient
16 December 2014
Vitamin E is a common ingredient in Skin Care products – but do you know why? Taking care of your skin from inside and out, vitamin E is a great Anti-Ageing solution, preventing and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Experts have touted it as a magical Skin Care ingredient on account of the varied health benefits it offers:
- Prevention against free radical damage. Exposure to pollution, UV light and cigarette smoke can have lasting permanent damage on your skin. By using vitamin E containing products, you can help to reduce the Ageing effect of these free radicals, keeping you fresh faced for longer.
- Prevention against skin cancer. Vitamin E has also been proven as an effective way to prevent skin cancer by boosting your immune system and limiting the production of cancer-causing skin cells.
- Improved skin elasticity. Using a product containing vitamin E (i.e. moisturiser) can also help to improve your skin’s elasticity, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Reduction in inflammation and age spots. Many people suffer from age spots as they get older. Vitamin E can help to counteract their appearance, as well as reduce skin inflammation to leave you with even skin tone and a radiant complexion.
- Reduction in water loss. If your skin loses too much water, it’s more prone to developing lines and wrinkles. By keeping your skin hydrated with vitamin E formulas, you’ll help it to retain water, preventing wrinkles forming and staving off dry skin.
It’s not just found in Skin Care products though – you can increase your daily dose of this essential vitamin by eating a diet rich in oily fish, leafy greens, nuts and whole grains.
Do you use products containing vitamin E? Have you noticed an improvement in your skin? Let us know on Facebook.