Effectively treat the symptoms and precursors of acne
Medically reviewed by The Harley Medical Group Clinical Governance Board, Chaired by Simon Smith (Medical Director & Consultant Surgeon) on 6th March 2020.
Acne is the most commonly treated skin disorder in the UK, and looking at the numbers it's not surprising to see why. In their lifetime approximately 80% of people will experience acne, and over 60% of these will experience scarring to some degree. We meet people with severe acne who feel desperate to find a solution that will actually work and we introduce them to our Jessner peel.
The Jessner peel is one of the most effective peel treatments available for severe acne with excellent results including:
- Reduces the occurrence of breakouts
- Reduces pigmentation due to acne scarring
- Exfoliates for a softer, smoother appearance
- Calms inflamed blemishes and irritation
- Acts as an anti-bacterial
Acne Solution Jessner Peel
The modified Jessner Peel
The Acne Solution Jessner Peel was clinically designed to comprehensively manage severe acne, which suffers from greater inflammation, pustules and papules.
The modified Jessner peel helps to:
- Calm inflammed skin
- Reduce follicle blockages and prevent further breakouts
- Control oil secretion
- Lift dark spots due to scarring
- Exfoliates away dead skin cells revealing the healthy new skin beneath
The Jessner Peel is ideal for treating acne grades two, three and four:
- Grade two: Larger number of Blackheads & Whiteheads Papules & Pustules with slight inflammation
- Grade three: Larger number of Blackheads & Whiteheads More profuse reddening and a greater number of inflamed Papules and Pustules
- Grade four: Larger number of Blackheads & Whiteheads Severe inflammation and pain. Numerous pustules papules, pustules, with large Nodulocystic or Cystic
During your treatment
Before your first treatment you will have a consultation with one of our highly qualified team, who will take you through the process in detail.
You may be asked to prepare your skin with specialist products to get optimum results.
- Your practitioner will start by cleansing your skin twice. The first cleanse will remove any dirt or make-up sitting on the skin, the second is designed to calm and soothe irritated skin*.
- Next the Salicylic Prep Solution is applied to the face
- A balm is then applied to protect the skin
- The Modified Jessner Peel is then applied for 5 minutes
- Retinol is then applied to the skin
- Finally our SheerZinc SPF30 is applied to protect the skin from the elements for the rest of the day.
We strongly recommend that make-up is not applied for 24hours, unless it is mineral based.
The process may vary slightly between client's depending on individual needs for optimum results.
*Please inform your practitioner if you have a nut allergy.
Benefits of the Acne Solution Jessner Peel
- Greatly exfoliates for a softer, smoother appearance
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties
- Diminishes pigmentation associated with acne and scarring
- Effectively hampers stubborn breakouts including cysts
- Eliminates and prevents razor bumps
Key ingredients in the ACNE SOLUTION JESSNER PEEL
The Jessner Peel has numerous performance ingredients including:
- Salicylic Acid - a BA (Beta Hydroxy) Acid which helps to combat oily skin and acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Lactic Acid - an AH (Alpha Hydroxy) acid that gently hydrates the skin and inhibits tyrosinase
- Resorcinol - acts to kill P bacteria and create a more even skin tone
- Lilac Plant Stem Cells - the strong anti-inflammatory properties protect skin cells from external damage while reducing redness and blemishes
Acne Solutions Modified Jessner Peel Prices
As with all acne treatments, you will see results after one peel but we highly recommend undertaking a full course to get the best results.
|Course of 3 treatments||£382.50|
We also recommend using our Acne skincare range to ensure you get the best results.
Please ask your practitioner to develop a bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:
- Dermaclear Cleanser - calms and soothes irritated skin
- Dermaclear BHA cleanser - actively reduces pustules and papules
- Dermaclear Pads - used in localised congested areas to clear pores
- Dermaclear Serum - a strong, gentle serum that adds moisture to the skin
- Dermaclear Spot Treatment - calms and dries out irritated areas suffering from a breakout
- Dermaclear Mask - a clay mask that cleans more and relieves congestion
Modified Jessner Peel Aftercare
As you know the skin is a very complex organ and will respond in different ways with different people, it really depends on the client’s background regarding medication, skincare products, Fitzpatrick etc.
When the skin is introduced to active ingredients for the first time it can on some occasions become over stimulated to quickly causing the skin to respond by creating a dermal clear out, slight tenderness, an erythema, slight flacking due to the cell renew process becoming faster, these are not bad reactions, they are normal skin reactions a client with an unbalanced, dehydrated skin may experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- Directly after your Jessner peel you may experience some redness, this will fade within 24 hours
- Three to six days following your peel you can expect some skin flaking, please do not exfoliate this as your skin will be sensitive.
- As with all acne treatments you may experience a breakout following the peel, this is the pores being naturally cleansed and will lessen after each treatment.
- Total recovery time, including peels and breakout could be seven to ten days.
Your practitioner will advise you of your complete aftercare programme.
Acne Solutions Homecare
To ensure you get optimum results we highly recommend a good daily homecare routine. Your practitioner will a design bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:
Specially formulated with Mandelic Acid, this cleanser is ideal for all stages of acne, yet is particularly beneficial for breakouts.
Clear and control breakouts with our signature anti-acne serum without over drying. Prevents future breakouts by reducing dead skin buildup.
Our clarifying pads help remove impurities and excess oil from your skin.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have adult acne, is that common?
Another myth is that only teenagers get acne, nearly everyone has had acne at some point in their life, every spot that appears on the skin is a form of acne, it's just that some people are more prone to acne outbreaks. These outbreaks are very common for both males and females from their 20s to their 40s, we have seen patients outside of this age range, it really is not uncommon. If you have adult acne you are not alone!
What will I experience during my Modified Jessner Peel?
During your peel you will experience a warm and tingling sensation. Some of our clients say this feels slightly uncomfortable, due to the heat, but not painful.
Directly after your Jessner peel you may experience some redness, flaking skin or a breakout. These are all signs that the peel has been effective, and the greater the reaction the faster you'll get results, so please don't be disheartened.
What is the best way to treat my acne?
Firstly we would like to be absolutely clear that acne cannot be cured, it can only be treated.
All grades of acne will benefit from a course of skin peels, providing you with significantly clearer skin an fewer breakouts. However, as with all treatments continued maintenance is strongly advised. At The Harley Medical Group we have a range of acne skincare products designed to complement your treatments.
Please ask your practioner to develop a bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:.
Dermaclear Cleanser - calms and soothes irritated skin
Dermaclear BHA cleanser - actively reduces pustules and papules
Dermaclear Pads - used in localised congested areas to clear pores
Dermaclear Serum - a strong, gentle serum that adds moisture to the skin
Dermaclear Spot Treatment - calms and dries out irritated areas suffering from a breakout
Dermaclear Mask - a clay mask that cleans more and relieves congestion
What is acne?
What is acne isn't as simple as it initially appears. When talking about acne there are many interlinked subjects including
- Types of acne
- Causes of acne
- Grades of acne
We cover these topics and more on our Adult Acne page
Why has my acne gotten worse after my treatment?
When you come to speak with one of our skin specialists they will take their time to explain the treatment process and what to expect during your course. One thing they will always tell you is that your acne may get worse before it gets better. This doesn't mean that the treatment isn't right and it's doing more harm than good, in fact a breakout is your body clearing the acne causing debris that is clogging the pores. Think of it as your skin 'spring cleaning', it will look worse before it looks better. You may have breakouts after each treatment, but these will gradually lessen as your skin clears. We know it's disheartening but you must persist for an excellent end result.
If you don't get a breakout that isn't a bad thing either. Breakouts are based on acne type, skin type as well as other factors including hormones and environment. It doesn't mean the treatment isn't working, it's just that your skin is reacting differently.
Whether you experience breakouts or not we highly recommend that you continue with your recommended treatment course to ensure you get the best results.