Salicylic acid resurfacer Aftercare
As you know the skin is a very complex organ and will respond in different ways with different people, it really depends on the client’s background regarding medication, skincare products, Fitzpatrick etc.
When the skin is introduced to active ingredients for the first time it can on some occasions become over stimulated to quickly causing the skin to respond by creating a dermal clear out, slight tenderness, an erythema, slight flacking due to the cell renew process becoming faster, these are not bad reactions, they are normal skin reactions a client with an unbalanced, dehydrated skin may experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- Directly after your Salicylic Acid resurfacer you may experience some redness, this will fade within 24 hours.
- Three to six days following your resurfacer you can expect some skin flaking, please do not exfoliate this as your skin will be sensitive.
- As with all acne treatments you may experience a breakout following the peel, this is the pores being naturally cleansed and will lessen after each treatment.
- Total recovery time, including peels and breakout could be seven to ten days.
- You should start using a Dermaclear Mask two weeks post treatment to maintain results.
Your practitioner will advise you of your complete aftercare programme.
Click for your free consultation
Acne Solutions Homecare
To ensure you get optimum results we highly recommend a good daily homecare routine. Your practitioner will a design bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:
Specially formulated with Mandelic Acid, this cleanser is ideal for all stages of acne, yet is particularly beneficial for breakouts.
Clear and control breakouts with our signature anti-acne serum without over drying. Prevents future breakouts by reducing dead skin buildup.
Our clarifying pads help remove impurities and excess oil from your skin.