Ensure every day is a good skin day, naturally
Medically reviewed by The Harley Medical Group Clinical Governance Board, Chaired by Simon Smith (Medical Director & Consultant Surgeon) on 6th March 2020.
It is said that youth is wasted on the young, and when they take their beautiful skin for granted we're inclined to agree! The fact is ageing comes to us all. Collagen production slows after the age of 25 and fine lines start to appear, and these soon deepen into wrinkles. We can't roll back the hands of time to your youth, but we can delay it while also reducing pronounced signs of ageing.
The Peptide TCA Peel is one of the most effective peel treatments available for more pronounced signs of ageing with excellent results including:
- More even and brightened skin tone
- Improved fine lines
- Substantially exfoliated skin
- Significantly reduced photodamage and deep wrinkles
Anti-Ageing Peptide TCA Peel
Age management is one of the most common skin concerns we see at The Harley Medical Group and one of the best all-round answers we can provide is our Peptide TCA peel.
Brimming with vital enzymes, vitamins, minerals and nutrients, these core ingredients in the peel will revitalise any skin type and effectively prepare skin to address specific concerns.
During your treatment
Before your first treatment you will have a consultation with one of our highly qualified team, who will take you through the process in detail.
You may be asked to prepare your skin with specialist products to get optimum results.
- Your practitioner will start by cleansing your skin twice. The first cleanse will remove any dirt or make-up sitting on the skin, the second is a peptide rich cleanser designed to firm and tighten the skin.
- Next the Dermarprime Prep Solution is applied to the face
- A balm is then applied to protect the skin post treatment
- The Salicylic TCA Peel is then applied and will remain on the skin for 5 minutes. The peel will be applied up to three times depending on comfort level and necessity.
- Retinol is then applied to the skin
- Finally our SheerZinc SPF30 is applied to protect the skin from the elements for the rest of the day.
We strongly recommend that make-up is not applied for 24 hours, unless it is mineral based.
The process may vary slightly between client's depending on individual needs for optimum results.
Benefits of the Anti-Ageing Peptide TCA PEEL
- Provides substantial exfoliation
- Helps skin appear softer and smoother
- Evens and brightens skin tone
- Reduces Redness
- Decreases wrinkle depth and lifts lines
- Accelarates the bodies natural cell rejuvenation process
- Works to promote collagen renewal within the dermis giving the upper layers of skin a healthy foundation
Key ingredients of the Anti-Ageing Peptide TCA PEEL
The Anti-Ageing Peptide Resurfacerhas numerous performance ingredients including:
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) - helps to remove layers of dead skin cells revealing the newer cells below. It is one of the old cosmetic chemicla treatments for ageing skin and remains one of the best.
- Salcylic Acid - a BA (Beta Hydroxy) Acid which helps to combat oily skin and acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Lilac Plant Stem Cells - the strong anti-inflammatory properties protect skin cells from external damage while reducing redness and blemishes
Anti-Ageing Peptide TCA Peel Prices
You will see results after one resurfacer treatment but we highly recommend undertaking a full course to get the best results.
|Anti-Ageing Peptide TCA Peel||Prices|
|Course of 3 treatments||£497.25|
We also recommend using our Acne skincare range to ensure you get the best results.
Please ask your practitioner to develop a bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:
- Essential Daily Cleanser - a gentle cleanser that draws dirt, make-up and impurities from the skin
- Peptide Cleanser - a creamy peptide rich cleanser that that refines pores and exfoliates the skin
- Essential B5 Hydrating Serum - a lightweight serum that delivers immediate intensive moisture
- Stem Cell Rebuilding Complex - a serum that promotes collagen while actively protecting and nuturing new healthy skin cells
- SheerZinc SPF30 - a soothing physical sunscreen that provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays, white any white residue
- Peptide Nourishing Cream - a restorative cream that encourages cellular growth and collagen production
- Retinol Peptide Youth Serum - a peptide rich serum that promotes collagen and elastin production
- Peptide Line Corrector - provides powerful wrinkle control, renewing elastin and promoting collagen
- Peptide Eye Firming Serum - designed specifically for the delicate skin around the eye, it reduces dark circles, subdues puffiness and gently but effectively moisturises the area
Anti-Ageing Peptide TCA Peel Aftercare
As you know the skin is a very complex organ and will respond in different ways with different people, it really depends on the client’s background regarding medication, skincare products, Fitzpatrick etc.
When the skin is introduced to active ingredients for the first time it can on some occasions become over stimulated to quickly causing the skin to respond by creating a dermal clear out, slight tenderness, an erythema, slight flacking due to the cell renew process becoming faster, these are not bad reactions, they are normal skin reactions a client with an unbalanced, dehydrated skin may experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- Directly after your TCA Peel you will experience some redness, this will fade within 48 hours
- Three to six days following your resurfacer you can expect heavy peeling, this will last for approximately ten days.
- Please do not exfoliate this as your skin will be sensitive.
- Do not laser the treatment area for two weeks following your resurfacer as it will promote redness
- You can apply a mineral based makeup directly post treatment, but we strongly advise against using a chemical based on as this will reduce the impact of your results.
Your practitioner will advise you of your complete aftercare programme.
Anti-ageing Solutions Homecare
To ensure you get optimum results we highly recommend a good daily home care routine. Your practitioner will a design bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:
Essential Daily Cleanser
A gentle cleanser that draws dirt, make-up and impurities from the skin.
A creamy peptide rich cleanser that that refines pores and exfoliates the skin.
Essential B5 Hydrating Serum
Shower your skin in our intensive and lightweight hydrating serum, delivering immediate, luminous moisture.
Stem Cell Rebuilding Complex
A serum that promotes collagen while actively protecting and nuturing new healthy skin cells.
A soothing physical sunscreen that provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays, white any white residue.
NOURISHING Peptide Cream
Restore overworked skin with our antioxidant-rich peptide cream with anti-ageing plant extracts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Botanical (plant) stem cells are extracted by wounding a plant, then placing the cells in water. They then undergo steam distillation, which produces the plant stem cell culture. The culture is places in a machine called a biorector; the stem cells are then suspended, filtered and freeze-dried to produce their 100% pure, active powder form. Plant stem cells are relatively environmentally friendly as they only use a small amount from a plant wound, and within a lab a little goes a long way.
Stem cells carry the entire DNA gene expression of a plant and can morph or differentiate into other cell types to help the plant regenerate. This ability makes them invaluable in many ways for cosmetic application. The benefits are vast:
- Protection from photodamage and oxidative stress
- Re-energising effect on tired skin
- Firms and restores elasticity
- Can protect skin from environmental damafe
- Brightening effects
Peptides are chains of amino acids that are the building blocks of proteins in the skin, such as collagen. When peptides form a long chain of amino acids, they become proteins. When they are in a short chain of amino acids, they are able to penetrate the top layer of our skin and send signals to our cells to let them know how to function.
For the most part, peptides take time to work. They are best applied in serums or creams for a long period of time - you can start to see results in four to 12 weeks. Keep in mind that upkeep is so important with peptides. Once you stop using them, you will notice the difference.
During your peel you will initially experience an intense heat that will calm after 30-40 gradually dying away. Afterwards you will feel a warm tingling sensation. Many of our clients report feeling uncomfortable, but say that the experience is manageable. Your practitioner will explain in detail what you will experience.
Directly after your Salicylic TCA Peel you may experience some redness and you will have significant skin peeling for up to 10 days post treatment. These are all signs that the peel has been effective, and the greater the reaction the faster you'll get results, so please don't be disheartened.