About Anti-ageing Treatments
Commonly used to treat all areas of the face, as these treatments can combat both fine lines and also deep wrinkles.
Injectable treatments have been used as Cosmetic Treatments since the late 1980's, revolutionising the cosmetic industry due to their remarkable results combined with very few risks and no recovery time.
Anti-ageing injectables have been used to treat millions of patients worldwide and is the world's most popular Non Surgical treatment.
Why Choose The Harley Medical Group
- We offer the highest standard of treatment and service at competitive prices
- All of our clinics always have fully trained medical professionals available to answer your questions
- You will only every be treated by a highly trained Doctor or Registered Nurse Prescriber
- We offer a variety of injectables treatments and will help to advise the right treatment for you
- Only use the highest quality products
- We have clinics nationwide
AREAS COMMONLY TREATED WITH INJECTABLES:
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Crows Feet
Advanced Injection procedures can also treat:
- Droopy Jowls
- Gummy Smile
- Dimpled Chin
- Peri-Oral Lipstick Lines
- Downturned Mouths
- Neck Lines & Bands
Benefits of Injectable Treatments
- A purified protein that prevents fine lines and deep wrinkles from appearing by relaxing the contracted muscles.
- Reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles already formed, by relaxing muscles, restoring a more youthful appearance.
- Overtime the treatment re-educates the muscle so time between treatments will increase
- Untreated areas of the face aren't affected, so you can still smile and frown, but the skin on the treated areas won't wrinkle as much as usual.
- Non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Not permanent and will naturally break down.
- Lines and wrinkles can be minimised by using a purified protein produced by a bacteria which induces long-term relaxation of contracted muscles. This product was originally used to treat eye spasms and central nervous system disorders.
- Ideal for easing over-active muscle movement that can cause deep frown lines and crows feet. It can also be used to reduce excess perspiration 'Hyperhidrosis' and more recently to alleviate the symptoms of migraines.
- Encourages muscle re-education, as the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria which induces long-term relaxation of contracted muscles.
- Has been approved for cosmetic use and is ideal for easing over-active muscle movement that can cause deep frown lines and crows feet. It can also be used to reduce excess perspiration 'Hyperhidrosis' and more recently to alleviate the symptoms of migraines.
- Lines and wrinkles are a natural and unstoppable part of the ageing process. While they are inevitable they can be prevented and reduced.
It's essential that you attend a Registered Clinic and are consulted prior to your treatment by a Registered Nurse so that a tailor made treatment programme can be started. Your Nurse will be able to advise you on the treatment plan which is most suitable for you to achieve your desired results. Your Nurse will run through all of this information in thorough detail with you at your consultation and will assess your suitability for this treatment.
We have performed thousands of injectable procedures across all our clinics in major cities across the UK including Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Cardiff, Birmingham, Leeds and our flagship clinic on Harley Street in London.
If you have any concerns or further questions relating to injectable treatments please feel free to contact your nearest clinic, where our friendly Nurses are on hand to answer any concerns or queries that you may have.
Injectables Treatments To Treat The Lower Face
The effective anti-ageing injections can specifically help to treat common lower half face concerns.
As we age, the face naturally loses collagen and elasticity causing the skin to look less refined as it once did. Anti-ageing injections are the only treatment that directly tackles the cause of dynamic lines by weakening the muscle that causes the skin to wrinkle. However, extensive line & wrinkle reduction treatments are ideal if you’re over 45 years old and are looking to retain a less tired, and more defined youthful appearance without wanting to resort to a surgical Face-lift procedure.
We can guarantee injectable treatments will provide you with the most gradual and natural, visible results - subtlety is key. In addition, an even better outcome can be achieved when used in combination with Dermal Fillers. Treatment can be completed within as little as 15 - 30 minutes depending on the desired area.
INJECATABLES PRICES AND PACKAGES
The price will depend on the area being number of points needed to achieve the desired results.
|1 Area, Single||£195.00|
|1 Area, Package of 3||£526.50|
|2 Areas, Single||£295.00|
|2 Areas, Package of 3||£796.50|
|3 Areas, Single||£395.00|
|3 Areas, Package of 3||£1,066.50|
What should I avoid following treatment?
To help reduce the accidental spread of injectables to neighbouring muscle groups, we recommend that you avoid lying flat for 4 hours post treatment and avoid the following activities for around 24 hours:
- Rubbing or massaging the area treated
- Vigorous exercise
- Any “facial” beauty treatments
Some patients experience a slight headache after their injections, which can be managed with paracetamol if required. Following this period you can use your normal skin care routine.
How long will it be before I see the results of the Injectable Treatment?
- It can take from 2 days to up to 2 weeks before a muscle relaxing effect occurs. Remember, however, that the aim of treatment is not to stop all expression, but to reduce the intensity of the muscle activity that causes the lines in the areas treated. This gives the skin a chance to rest from the repeated furrowing and creasing that can occur hundreds of times a day, enabling the wrinkles or folds to gradually soften overtime.
- When the injectable treatment begins to work, you may notice some temporary strange “sensations” around the treated areas as the muscles that have not been injected adjust.
- What should I do if the treatment doesn’t appear to be working, or if I have any problems?
- If this is the first time that you have received an injectable treatment with The Harley Medical Group, we would ideally like to see you a couple of weeks after treatment to discuss the results that we have achieved. If you cannot schedule a return appointment, and you find that you have had no observable effect after 2 weeks, please contact us.
- If you have a good initial result, please note that, as recommended by the manufacturers, we aim not to perform any “top-up” treatments within a 3 month period following your treatment.
If you have any concerns or further questions related to Injectable treatments, please feel free to contact your clinic.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have learnt from our patients that there are many reasons why people choose to have line and wrinkle injections, each as individual as our patients, the recurring reasons are to reduce the appearance of frown lines between the eyebrows, reduce the appearance of crows feet, reduce the appearance of forehead lines and the desire to relax the muscles long-term to smooth facial lines. other patients have told us it alleviates migraine pains, reduces excessive sweating (Hyperhydrosis) and treats muscle pains.
Studies have not been performed on women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Although treatments are not thought to be dangerous, treatment is best avoided during this time.
If you have any diseases, involving nerve damage or muscle weakness, line & wrinkle treatments are not recommended. It is also important to let your Doctor know if there is a family history of such diseases - for example Myasthenia Gravis or if you have previously suffered from Bell's Palsy.
Patients who are currently being treated with amino glycoside antibiotics or spectinomycin should wait until they have completed their course of treatment, and anyone who has had an allergic reaction to human albumin should not have line & wrinkle treatments.
Our line and wrinkle treatments reduce muscle movement, not prevent it.
The frozen look people are well acquainted with is due to overly large amount of Botox being used each treatment. Your pracititioner should administer a small amount inviting you back for a review in two weeks to assess if more is required.
With The Harley Medical Group the review is free of charge.
To ensure the best results long-term initial treatments should be approximately 3-4 months apart, but this will eventually become 6-12 months as your muscle is re-educated.
Side effects of injectable treatments are rare - indeed it is one of the safest Cosmetic procedures available.
However, there is the possibility of inadequate injection technique resulting in the treatment being injected or dispersed by massaging the area, this can cause a temporary weakness and is why it's so important to have your treatment at a clinic which is registered by the Care Quality Commission (the independent inspection body for both the NHS and independent healthcare industry).
When the treatment begins to work, you may notice some temporary strange "sensations" around the treated areas as the muscles that have not been injected adjust. Some patients may experience some tenderness, mild redness, swelling or bruising follow the treatment but these are only short-term effects that last a few days.
The Harley Medical Group uses Botulinum Toxin, also known as Botox®, which is a neurotoxic protein produced by the purified protein Clostridium Botulinum.
This is injected into to contracted muscles to induce a relaxed state, resulting in smooth, wrinkle-free, surface skin
At The Harley Medical Group injectable treatments are only ever administered by a specialist trained Doctor or fully trained Registered Nurse Prescriber.
Your medical practitioner will inject the solution directly into the muscles below the wrinkles, resulting in a temporary relaxation of the facial muscles. Thereby preventing the formation of new wrinkles, whilst softening existing lines.
With repeated treatments your muscles become re-educated limiting the damage incurred by the skin's natural collagen and reducing the development of new lines and wrinkles.
The treatment will take around 10 minutes and there is no down-time.
Immediately following your treatment you are advised to avoid exercise and hot baths to prevent sweating out the injected treatment.
We also recommend avoiding massaging or rubbing the area for 24 hours after the treatment has been injected.
Please be aware that while there is no down-time the results are not immediate; it can take up to five days for the results of the treatment to be fully visible.
The line and wrinkle injection treatment available at The Harley Medical Group relaxes the muscle under the skin to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles which have developed as the collagen has been worn away.
A Dermal Filler is a temporary volumiser injected into the skin that will fill facial lines and wrinkles, enhance lips and create facial contouring e.g. to the cheeks or nose and revitalise the skin.
Dermal fillers are used on lines and wrinkles that remain present on the skin when the muscle underneath is relaxed with our treatment.
Dermal Fillers are a fluid form of Hyaluronic Acid which is a protein found between the cells of all living organisms and is a component of Collagen. As we age our body produces less of this acid which contributes to the ageing process with the appearance of dry and thinner skin.
There are a number of reasons, both environmental and genetic, that cause and exacerbate the signs of lines and wrinkles on the face, chest and hands. As we age, collagen production slows and the signs of ageing are accelerated.
- UV sun rays
- Unhealthy diet
- Alcohol consumption
- Lack of exercise
- Repetitive facial expressions
- Inherited genes
- Slower cell regeneration
- Changes in hormones levels
- Fat layers thin
- Production of collagen slows
- Blood vessels enlarge
Over time the damage we have caused our skin over the years starts to show as:
- Skin loses elasticity
- Fine lines and wrinkles become deeper
- Skin thins
- Skin loses tone
- Skin pigments (e.g. liver spots)
- Gravity takes it's toll!
At your initial consultation, prior to your treatment, you will meet with a Specialist Injector who will answer your questions, assess your suitability to proceed and then agree the areas you want treated.
Depending on the area of concern and the depth of the lines and wrinkles your counsellor may recommend dermal fillers, this will be discussed in full during your no obligation consultation. You will then be booked in for your treatment at a time most convenient to you.
The treatment is administered by a specialist trained Doctor or highly trained Nurse Prescriber and is injected directly into the wrinkles which results in temporarily relaxing the facial muscles and preventing the formation of wrinkles, whilst existing lines are softened.
Because a very fine needle is used, most patients find that there is only mild and temporary discomfort.
The entire treatment usually takes approximately 10 minutes, and during this time your practitioner will discuss with you the results which you can expect to see and advise repeat treatments that will be suitable for you.
Immediately following your treatment you are advised to avoid exercise and hot baths to prevent sweating out the solution.
We also recommend avoiding massaging or rubbing the area for 24 hours after the treatment has been injected.
At The Harley Medical Group due to ethical reasons we do have age limit policies with our injectable treatments. Due to the natural development of the face and muscles we have made the decision not to provide dermal or lip fillers to anyone below the age of 18. To treat excessive sweating, hyperhidrosis, we do not inject anyone below the age of 21. For muscle relaxant injections that address lines and wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes we do not treat anyone below the age of 25.