Restore facial volume and Youthfulness.
Dermal Fillers are an instant way to erase tell-tale lines and wrinkles.
Dermal Fillers (also known as Wrinkle Fillers or Facial Fillers) are popular and versatile anti-ageing injectable treatment that plumps, volumises and lifts the skin leaving it smooth, contoured and youthful. With instant results and no down-time it’s easy to understand why it’s one of our most popular anti-ageing treatments.
Choose an option below to read more:
- Benefits of Dermal Fillers
- Dermal Filler Before and After pictures
- About Dermal Fillers
- Dermal Filler treatment Face Map
- Dermal Filler Packages and Prices
- Juvederm Facial Fillers
- Dermal Fillers Aftercare
- Frequently asked questions
We are delighted to announce our new dermal filler and advance dermal filler packages
- The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Not permanent and will naturally break down.
- Dermal Fillers are only performed by a fully trained Medical Professional.
- Combine with Anti-Ageing injections for a complete rejuvenation treatment.
- Requires no test prior to treatment, unlike collagen injectables which require a skin test to be carried out 28 days prior to treatment.
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Dermal Filler treatments offer patients a wide range of benefits, including a more youthful appearance.
- This treatment can be used to fill minor to moderate lines and fill-in wrinkles and is especially effective around the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- The treatment can be tailored to your needs providing a natural look.
See some of the brilliant results from our Dermal Fillers
Book your FREE consultation with a highly qualified Nurse for more information on Dermal Fillers and to see more before and after images
There are two popular anti-ageing and rejuventaing injectable treatments, one is a muscle relaxant and the other are facial dermal fillers. Both are highly effective, extremely popular are seen as the same treatment, however they work in very different ways. Muscle-relaxing injections release tension from the muscle underneath a wrinkle, whereas facial fillers literally “fill in” a wrinkle.
Dermal Fillers are a manmade, non-animal, substance that mimics the body’s natural depleted hyaluronic acid. Once injected the fillers provide support and structure to the skin, giving a plumped and youthful appearance. The semi-permanent fillers provide safe, long-lasting and natural looking results.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance within the body which is found the deep layers of the skin known as the dermis, and one of its functions is to keep skin smooth and healthy by helping it retain water. As we age, our skin starts to produce less Hyaluronic Acid, leading to it becoming dry and thin. Natural lines and wrinkles deepen; lips lose their fullness; lines appearing around the mouth and nose area, and cheeks lose volume giving them a sunken and hollow appearance. Adding moisturiser with Hyaluronic Acid may provide a short-term effect; however, Hyaluronic Acid facial fillers truly get moisture deep under the skin. Since facial fillers are injected into the skin, the Hyaluronic Acid integrates into deeper layers of the skin, working from within to attract water and restore volume. Our dermal fillers re-introduce Hyaluronic Acid under the skin to where it is needed and actually ‘fill’ in lines and wrinkles, for a smooth result which can last up to 18 months, when your body will gradually break down the filler and the effects will fade.
There are many different types of filler available that work to plump out lines and restore lost volume to the skin.When considering dermal fillers it is important to undertake extensive research as there are substandard treatments, both in terms of ingredients and quality, available on the market. At The Harley Medical Group we only use the most advanced temporary dermal filler range with available: Juvederm Ultra; Juvederm Volift, Juvederm Volbella and Juvederm Voluma. Most importantly, we only allow qualified and certified doctors and nurses to inject fillers.
We have performed thousands of dermal fillers procedures across our 19 clinics in major cities across the UK including Liverpool, Manchester, Nottingham, Cardiff, Birmingham, Leeds and our flagship clinic on Harley Street in London.
We also treat glabellar and frown lines with dermal filler. However, if you are interested in treating an area not appearing on our treatment guide please see our muscle-relaxant face map to see if we can help you.
Dermal Fillers produce excellent results when preformed alone or with other facial filler treatments such as anti-ageing injections and skin peels. Your practitioner will be able to advise you on combined package prices that will cater to your skin needs.
Try our new Dermal Filler packages
Cheeks and Lips
- 1ml Voluma & 0.55ml Volift Retouch = £499 (was £620, saving £121)
- 1ml Voluma & 1ml Volift = £649 (was £790, saving £141)
Cheeks and Tear Trough
- 1ml Voluma & 1ml Vobella = £799 (was £990, saving £191)
Lips or cheeks and Anti-wrinkle injections
- 1ml Volift or 1ml Voluma & 1 area of Botox = £549 (was £590, saving £41)
- 1ml Volift or 1ml Voluma & 2 areas of Botox = £630 (was £690, saving £60)
- 1ml Volift or 1ml Voluma & 3 areas of Botox = £720 (was £790, saving £70)
We would be delighted to book you in for your free Dermal Filler consultation.
Dermal Fillers Aftercare
Dermal FillerS Aftercare
WHAT TO EXPECT DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR Dermal FillerS TREATMENT
- Post treatment there may be some tenderness, redness and swelling to the site, this is very normal and will subside, usually within a few days.
- No recovery time is required after facial filler treatments and you can return to day to day activities straight away.
- Occasional bruising can occur; it is usually short term and lasts a few days. The Harley Medical Group recommend Auriderm XO cream to reduce the bruising if unsightly and to avoid contributing causes such as alcohol.
- Your nurse will discuss your recovery and what to expect when you attend your appointment.
AFTER TREATMENT ADVICE
- Avoid wearing make-up for 12 hours after your wrinkle filler treatment
- Avoid extreme temperatures until redness and swelling subsides – no saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post treatment
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours minimum post treatment
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area
- Facial filler treatments are normally recommended every 6-12 months.
Dermal Filler Homecare
To ensure you get optimum results following your wrinkle filler treatment we highly recommend a good daily homecare routine.
Your practitioner will a design bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:
ESSENTIAL B5 HYDRATING SERUM
A lightweight serum that delivers immediate intensive moisture.
peptide eye firming SERUM
Designed specifically for the delicate skin around the eye, it reduces dark circles, subdues puffiness and gently but effectively moisturises the area.
PEPTIDE LINE CORRECTOR
A serum that provides powerful wrinkle control while renewing elastin and promoting collagen.
stem cell rebuilding complex
An easily absorbed cream that promotes collagen repair in addition to elastin and collagen production
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who will perform my filler treatment?
At The Harley Medical Group you will only ever be treated by a fully train Registered Nurse or Doctor. Your Nurse Counsellor will run through all of this information in thorough detail with you at your consultation and will assess your suitability for this treatment. Your counsellor will then be able to advise you on the treatment plan which is most suitable for you to achieve your desired results.
Dermal Filler treatments are unregulated in the UK,which means that any aesthetic practitioner with less than a day's training can perform the treatment. For your safety and high standard results we highly recommend that you only attend a Registered Clinic, and are treated by a Medical Professional.
At The Harley Medical Group we are proud to work alongside and be registered with Treatments You Can Trust. The Treatments You Can Trust has developed and maintain best practice standards for cosmetic injectable treatments. Their guide covers the essential requirements of medicines safety, infection control, education and training.
What happens when I have my filler treatment?
PRIOR TO A DERMAL FILLERS TREATMENT
Prior to your dermal filler treatment, a mild anaesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area for your comfort. Some of our fillers contain Lidocaine and do not require an additional anaesthetic prior to treatment - please tell your nurse if you would still like a mild anaesthetic cream.
The dermal filler is then injected into the skin beneath the wrinkle with a very fine needle. Your highly qualified Nurse Injector or Doctor may suggest that you have a small injection to numb the area prior to the filler injections.
FOLLOWING A DERMAL FILLERS TREATMENT
A dermal fillers treatment can be very quick and effective and have a minimal impact on your time. It takes 20-40 minutes depending on the number of lines and wrinkles treated.
Make-up can be applied immediately after a dermal filler treatment and you can go straight back to your daily routine. It is common to have some redness and swelling following the treatment, although this usually resolves after a few hours and the results can be seen instantly.
Which Dermal Fillers do you use?
At The Harley Medical Group we use semi-permanent fillers by Juvederm®. Juvederm® is are long-lasting smooth gel dermal fillers, and are the only hyaluronic acid volumising filler that is approved by FDA to last up to one year with one treatment.
Our highly trained Medical Professionals use:
- Voluma - restoring lost volume to the cheeks or chin for a gentle lifting effect. A long-lasting smooth gel, and is the only hyaluronic acid volumising filler approved by FDA, with results lasting up to 12 months.
- Volift - reducing or smoothing facial lines, wrinkles and fold for a fresher and brighter appearance, with results lasting up to 15 months
- Volbella - subtly reshapes and redefines lips and facial contours, with results lasting up to 12 months
- Ultra - addressed fine wrinkles and scars by adding add volume and hydration, with results lasting up to 9 months
- Smile - a lip enhancement treatment which offers plumped lips with outline definition, results lasting up to 12 months
How long do dermal fillers last?
The effects of Dermal Fillers gradually fade, but will last on average between 4-12 months, depending on the treatment area.
When you start to notice the effects of your fillers wear-off you can come back to your local clinic for a top-up treatment. Shuold you choose not to continue with dermal fillers the gel will biodegrade in the skin and simply disappear.
How quickly will I notice filler results?
You will see instant results after your Dermal Filler treatment.
No recovery time is required after dermal filler treatment and you can return to day to day activities straight away.
Post treatment there may be some tenderness, redness and swelling to the site, this is very normal and will subside, usually within a few days.
How are Dermal Fillers Administered?
Out temporary fillers are injected in small controlled doses just under the surface of skin of the area to be treated. This fills out the sunken areas and lines to give a smoother, firmer and more refreshed appearance.
Depending on the type of dermal filler used, results can last from 6 to 24 months.
What is the difference between an anti-ageing injection and a dermal filler?
The line and wrinkle injection treatment available at The Harley Medical Group relaxes the muscle under the skin to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles which have developed as the collagen has been worn away.
A Dermal Filler is a temporary volumiser injected into the skin that will fill facial lines and wrinkles, enhance lips and create facial contouring e.g. to the cheeks or nose and revitalise the skin.
Dermal fillers are used on lines and wrinkles that remain present on the skin when the muscle underneath is relaxed with our treatment.
Dermal Fillers are a fluid form of Hyaluronic Acid which is a protein found between the cells of all living organisms and is a component of Collagen. As we age our body produces less of this acid which contributes to the ageing process with the appearance of dry and thinner skin.
What areas can Dermal Fillers treat?
Dermal Fillers can be used on most areas of the face including:
- Nose to Mouth Grooves (also known Nasal labial folds)
- Mouth to chin (also known Marionette lines)
- Frown Lines & Forehead Lines
- Cheeks - Cheek Fillers can lift and volumise the whole face
- Chin & Jaw line - to sculpt and define
- Nasal bridge - to smooth the appearance of a slight bump
- Acne Pits & Scarring
- Lip Lines - to fill lipstick lines, also know as smoker's lines
- Lip Fillers - to define the vermillion border and add volume to the body of the lips.
Is there an age limit for injectable treatments?
At The Harley Medical Group due to ethical reasons we do have age limit policies with our injectable treatments. Due to the natural development of the face and muscles we have made the decision not to provide dermal or lip fillers to anyone below the age of 18. To treat excessive sweating, hyperhidrosis, we do not inject anyone below the age of 21. For muscle relaxant injections that address lines and wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes we do not treat anyone below the age of 25.