Dermapen Treatment (Derma FNS)
About Derma FNS
Medically reviewed by The Harley Medical Group Clinical Governance Board, Chaired by Simon Smith (Medical Director & Consultant Surgeon) on 6th March 2020.
Derma FNS (Fractional Needling System), also known as Dermapen, uses a unique electronic mechanism which allows the practitioner to control the intensity to tailor the treatment for the best results. When combined with a highly effective serum and a soothing aftercare cream, the treated area will see significant improvements to the damaged skin.
Derma FNS can significantly:
- Tighten, lift and rejuvenate skin;
- Reduce acne scars & improve wound healing.
- Improve wrinkles and fine lines.
- Minimise pore size.
- Improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
The Derma FNS 'pen' device can be used on any part of the body, however the most popular areas are: forehead; between the eyebrows; nose; around the eyes; cheekbones; cheeks; around the mouth; scar tissue and stretch marks.
everything you need to know about microneedling
Video courtesy of The Pool.
BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Dermapen is a highly effective facial rejuvenation, extensively improving the appearance of tired, dull skin and finely lined skin. It also significantly improves the appearance of stretch marks and scars including chicken pox scars and three types of acne scars (ice pick, box and rolling).
Derma FNS uses a unique method to insert fine needles into the epidermis to encourage collagen production. Unlike other microneedling treatments, the Derma FNS vertically penetrates the skin, which produces less skin damage, but the same effective results as other treatments.
The automatic vibrating function of Derma FNS increases the effectiveness of treatment by increasing absorption of a solution which contains hyaluronic acid, minerals, vitamins and peptides, applied during the treatment, further increasing collagen and elastin production for improved rejuvenation results.
Due to the vertical insertion of the needles there is reduced discomfort and bleeding than most other forms of microneedling. The design also makes it easy to manoeuvre around all facial contours which means that problem areas which were previously untreatable, such as around the eyes, can now be treated.
The Benefits of Derma FNS
- No Sun Sensitivity post treatment
- All skin types can be treated
- Thin or pre-lasered skin can be treated
- Less painful that many other microneedling treatments
- Easy to treat areas close to the eye and upper lip
- Less downtime
- Shorter healing time - up to 4 days
- Variable needle length depending on area of skin to be treated
Derma FNS Prices
|Full Face & Decolletage||£490||£1,290|
*Prices stated are starting prices, we also offer treatment packages with up to 20% off the course.
Derma FNS Aftercare
You may look and feel as though you have sunburn, to ensure your skin returns to normal as quickly as possible and to achieve the best results we advise:
- Always make sure that your hands are thoroughly clean when touching the treatment area post procedure.
- Aggressive Skin Care Products should be avoided until the redness has subsided and it is recommended that makeup is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid sauna’s, exercise, hot baths/showers until the redness has gone (this is usually within 24 hours minimum)
- Avoid intensive sunlight exposure and artificial UV exposure for a period of atleast 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
- Fake tan should not be applied 10-14 days prior, and 7 days following a Dermapen treatment