promax: Pain Free, Fast & effective skin tightening
Medically reviewed by The Harley Medical Group Clinical Governance Board, on 26th September 2018.
There are numerous causes of loose skin around the face and on the body. For some it's the result of weight loss, for others it's from a pregnancy and, of course, for many if occurs as a natural part of the ageing process.
Our non surgical, radio-frequency skin tightening treatment creates thermal energy within dermal tissues for instant tightening and lifting effect. A course of treatments provides long-term collagen stimulation for a more lasting results.
Popular treatment areas include:
- Upper Arms
At The Harley Medical Group we always aim to ensure that our clients get the right procedure for them which is why we offer Tummy Tucks (Abdominoplasty), Brow Lifts and Face Liifts for larger areas or more significant results in addition to our non surgical skin tightening alternative.
Now in our Birmingham, chelmsford, Manchester,
harley street, wimbledon, and new Liverpool street clinics
How Non-Surgical Skin Tightening Works
How radio frequency Skin Tightening works*
Our revolutionary radio frequency (RF) technologies deliver unrivaled skin tightening results**. If you have loose skin on your face, neck or jowls your practitioner will treat with bi-polar radio frequency and may combine with a vacuum massage. If you have loose or sagging skin on your body our practitioner will treat with multi-polar radio frequency and a vacuum massage.
BI-POLAR RADIO FREQUENCY & vacuum skin tightening FOR THE FACE
For step two your practitioner will perform bi-polar radio frequency to lift skin on the face and neck and around the eyes. Depending on the area a vacuum massage may also be performed, avoiding areas that may cause any discomfort. While some fat reduction can be performed around the chin area, this treatment tends to be used for skin tightening, rather than fat reduction. Your practitioner will start by applying a radio frequency lotion on the area treated. They will then, through continuous slow movements, gradually heating the treatment area - some clients find this process mildly uncomfortable; please don't hesitate to speak with your practitioner if you find this to be the case. If a vacuum treatment is also required this will be performed simultaneously with the radio frequency process.
The small radio frequency and vacuum facial handset for facial skin tightening treatments use two electrodes which target the deep dermal and subcutaneous layers of the skin. The waves generated by the electrodes create a thermal energy which heats the deep facial tissues which revitalises circulation, provides long-term collagen stimulation and tightens pores. Skin is tightened instantly, and lines around the eyes, jawline and neck are reduced. If vacuum massage is performed in tandem it assists in elimination of toxins resulting in a brighter radiant complexion.
MULTI-POLAR RADIO FREQUENCY & vacuum FOR THE BODY
When tightening loose skin on the stomach your practitioner will perform multi-polar radio frequency and vacuum massage, depending on the area, to tighten skin and reduce cellulite. Multi-polar radio frequencies are electro-magnetic wave frequencies which are combined, through multiple electrodes, or “poles” to target the top and deep layers of the skin. Your practitioner will start by applying a radio frequency lotion on the area treated. They will then, through continuous slow movements, gradually heating the treatment area - some clients find this process mildly uncomfortable; please don't hesitate to speak with your practitioner if you find this to be the case. If a vacuum treatment is also required this will be performed simultaneously with the radio frequency process.
The radio frequency and vacuum handset has two functions; the primary function is to emit radio frequency waves to tighten the skin. Radio waves are created when an electric field interacts with a magnetic field, causing vibrations that can travel through a vacuum. With radio frequency treatments highly controlled waves of energy create heat in the deep dermal and subcutaneous layers of the skin. This heating process aids circulation, in turn increasing fat cell metabolism to reduce the appearance of cellulite and improve collagen firmness. In addition, when exposed to radio frequency waves the skin contracts and vibrates, causing pores to close and to become smaller and the skin to tighten. If the radio frequency skin tightening treatment is kept at a regular interval, this desired effect can be maintained over time. The secondary, and still very important, function is to generate a vacuum massage, which assists the bodies’ lymphatic drainage system, which release lipids during cavitation and removes toxins from the body.
If you have small areas of excess fat on your body your practitioner may recommend combining radio frequency skin tightening with ultrasonic cavitation, to ensure you get the best results.
What to expect following your skin tightening treatment
You may experience some mild heat, swelling and redness on the skin lasting normally only a few hours; your practitioner may apply a soothing gel to cool where required.
To get the most out of your treatment we require that you increase your water intake before and after the treatment, therefore you may notice slightly more lavatory visits.
WHY CHOOSE THE HARLEY MEDICAL GROUP
- We offer the highest standard of treatment and service at competitive prices
- We are medically-led, all of our clinics have fully trained medical professionals available to answer your questions
- Ultrasonic cavitation is carried out by our fully qualified Cosmetic Nurses and Aesthetic Practitioners who are specially trained and highly experienced in carrying out laser treatments.
- Since we were founded, The Harley Medical Group has been performing a variety of extremely successful fat reduction treatments.
- Providing patients with the right aftercare is important to us, your nurse will advise you in the best way to maximise the benefits of iLipo after your treatment.
*Skin tightening results and benefits vary and are different for every individual. Specific results cannot be guaranteed.
**Results are gradual over the course allowing the skin to adapt and fully benefit from the treatment
The benefits of skin tightening
WHAT Promax skin tightening DOES*
After a course of treatments, you can enjoy tighter, firmer and younger looking skin with improved skin tone, texture and elasticity. Fine lines on the face disappear and deeper lines are softened.
- Skin Tightening
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Face & Neck Lifting
- Fat Reduction
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Safe, comfortable & affordable treatment
- Able to treat face, neck and body
- Virtually pain free treatment with only some mild heating experienced akin to a hot stone massage
- Results that improve with each session
- Safe, clinically proven results by bio-stimulation
- Doesn’t require any anaesthetic
- No downtime
*Skin tightening results and benefits vary and are different for every individual. Specific results cannot be guaranteed.
Before And After Photos
Skin tightening Before and After PHOTOS
Clients see excellent results after their skin tightening course*
TIP: Drag the slider bar left and right to view Before & After Photos
*These images have not been altered or photoshopped in any way.
*Skin Tightening results and benefits vary and are different for every individual. Specific results cannot be guaranteed.
Skin Tightening Costs
Skin Tightening Prices
Single treatment prices are available but for optimum results we recommend a course of treaments
|Promax - Full face (Single)||£110.00|
|Promax - Full face & neck (Single)||£140.00|
|Promax - Half Face (Single)||£80.00|
|Promax - Half Face (Package of 3)||£216.00|
|Promax - Full face (Package of 3)||£297.00|
|Promax - Full face & neck (Package of 3)||£378.00|
Click here for non-surgical fat reduction prices
Skin Tightening Aftercare
Before treatment Advice
The treatment is non-invasive so does not require much preparation but we do have some pre treatment recommendations:
- Avoid the sun for 2-3 days before and after the treatment and ensure that your skin is not dry or red and avoid fake tan, tanning creams within 10 days minimum of the treatment.
- Make-up should be removed prior to facial treatments.
- It is recommended to drink 1 litre of water during the few hours preceding the treatment.
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing for body skin tightening.
- Do not apply any creams/oils on the day of treatment or any sun tanning lotions to the area during the treatment course.
- Don't eat a heavy meal (carbohydrate or fat rich) less than two hours prior to your treatment
- Keep well hydrated
Essentially think about how you would prepare for a gym session, the preparation for your treatment is much the same.
After Treatment Advice
As a safe and painless treatment, radio frequency skin tightening has no down-time which means you can return to your normal activities immediately, however for optimum results we do have some post treatment recommendations:
- The treated area may be red in colour and this may last for a few hours. It may also feel warm to touch during this time. To assist in reducing any redness, the application of aloe vera gel or Dermaquest Delicate Soothing Serum can calm the skin where required. Avoid excessive heat until any redness resolves.
- Blistering is very unusual, but if it does occur, contact the clinic and keep the area clean and dry. Do not use any lotions or creams on open skin as this may increase the risk of infection. DO NOT pick grazes or blisters – as this may increase the chance of a scar occurring. Once the skin has healed, a high protection sunscreen should be used daily for 12 months to prevent pigmentation changes to the skin.
- Bruising may occasionally occur after treatment with the vacuum suction, especially around delicate areas. This should resolve with no long-term effects. We recommend Auriderm XO cream to reduce the bruising if unsightly, and to avoid contributing causes such as alcohol.
- For facial or exposed treatment areas, a high protection sunscreen should be used after treatments, and sun exposure should be avoided for 1 week post-treatment.
- For facial treatments; make-up can be applied after several hours.
- After treatment, contraction of your collagen fibres improve the skin’s elasticity and so your skin will appear firmer. This can be temporary as the production of new collagen takes time, and best results are seen after your course of treatments (continuing for 3 to 6 months after the end of your course).
- We advise monthly maintenance treatments to help maintain results following an initial course.
*Results and benefits vary and are different for every individual. Specific results cannot be guaranteed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does the skin tightening treatment do?
Radio frequency (RF) skin tightening is a technique that uses RF energy to heat dermal tissue and stimulate collagen production for instant tightening and lifting to reduce the appearance of fine lines and loose skin. The result is an instant tightening and lifting of the treated area. Over time the treatment stimulates new collagen and elastin development to provide significantly longer-lasting results.
When RF is combined with the vacuum the circulation is dramatically improved and toxins are drawn out for a brighter complexion.
Who can have skin tightening?
Anyone can have a skin tightening treatment, all they need is skin to tighten!
On the face radio-frequency skin tightening is an ideal treatment for around the eyes, jawline and neck, particularly for people looking for lasting results but want to avoid injectables.
On the arms radio-frequency skin tightening is ideal for people who have 'bingo wings' either through a little weight loss or as part of the natural ageing process.
On the body radio-frequency skin tightening is ideal for people with good skin elasticity but who have a little loose skin as a result of pregnancy or slight weight loss.
Does skin tightening hurt?
Skin tightening does not hurt, however as there is some heat to the treatment some people find the treatment to be slightly uncomfortable. The sensation is similar to a hot stone masage.
I've just had a baby, can I get skin tightening?
As soon as you are fully recovered from child-birth, and feel ready, we can perform skin tightening on your selected areas. However, please be aware that at The Harley Medical Group we will not treat you if you for skin tightenting are breastfeeding.
How long does skin tightening take?
Non surgical skin tightening time will depend on the area size being treated, your nurse wil be able to advise you at your free, no obligation consultation. We would request you allow approximately an hour from start to finish, particularly if you combine with fat reduction.
At The Harley Medical Group we recommend a course of three or eight treatments, depending on the area treated, for optimum results.