Liposuction and Fat Removal
About Liposuction & Fat Removal
For a lot of people losing weight, toning up and achieving the figure they want requires a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise, but some can be left with stubborn pockets of fat that no amount of exercise or dieting can shift. Liposuction surgery, also known as fat removal surgery, is designed to help remove these areas of fat and reshape particular areas of the body – it is not designed to be a quick weight loss tool. Typical problem areas that can be treated with liposuction surgery include:
- Inner and Outer Thighs
- Stomach (or Abdomen)
BENEFITS OF HAVING LIPOSUCTION SURGERY
- Increased self confidence
- Motivation to pursue a healthier lifestyle
- Ability to have wider choice of clothes
- Feel more in proportion
FACTS ABOUT LIPOSUCTION
- Liposuction is the fastest growing procedure for men in the UK, in fact 25% of Liposuction operations are performed on men.
- We offer Liposuction to most areas of the body, commonly the abdomen, flanks ('love handles'), chest and double chin.
- Recovery times are quick and you can resume normal activities after a couple of weeks
- Liposuction is effective, it actually removes the fat cells from the specific area.
- Your BMI will help our Nurse Counsellors assess your suitability.
- This procedure isn't suitable for very overweight patients.
You will need to book in for a consultation where a nurse will assess your BMI (body mass index) to ensure the procedure is suitable for you. If you are very overweight it is likely that you will not be suitable for liposuction as there are physical limits to the amount of fat that can safely be removed from the body. Liposuction is a procedure best suited for body sculpting rather than weight loss.
THE PROCEDURE FOR LIPOSUCTION SURGERY
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic, or local anaesthetic with sedation often as a day case.
- The procedure can take between 1-2 hours.
- A very small incision is made to remove extract the fat and this is closed with a stitch or dissolvable suture.
The Harley Medical Group are specialists in Cosmetic Surgery procedures, find out why you should choose them.
Prices start from £3,110, but there is no set price for liposuction surgery as every single patient is different and treated on an entirely individual, case-by-case basis. In order to get a quote that is specific to you, find your nearest clinic and please book in for your free consultation with one of our nurses to discuss your requirements in complete confidence. The price you are given will include everything from the procedure itself, to the cost of your overnight stay and aftercare appointments – there are no hidden costs.
Find out more about our procedures and treatments, for a free no obligation consultation and to meet with a nurse please contact us on 0800 022 3479 or click through to book online.