18 clinics across the UK
EYE BAG REMOVAL (BLEPHAROPLASTY) SURGERY - BENEFITS
- Increased overall self-confidence and self-esteem
- Take away that 'tired look'
- Easier application of make up
- Correct premature ageing
- Improved appearance/Look younger
- Improved vision in some cases
THE PROCEDURE FOR EYE BAG REMOVAL
Eye bag removal surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is a straightforward procedure which usually takes between one and three hours to complete and is often carried out as a day case procedure. The length of time you are in theatre for and your recovery time will depend on the specific surgery you decide to have – this could be surgery to the upper lids, lower lids, or together.
UPPER EYELID SURGERY
For some patients, upper eyelid surgery only requires the use of a local anaesthetic and a mild sedative, meaning the recovery time should be quicker than if a general anaesthetic is used. Your surgeon will begin by making small incisions along the natural crease of the upper eye lid (approximately 1cm above the lash line). He or she will then very carefully separate the skin from the underlying tissue before removing or repositioning the fatty tissue and tightening the muscles. Before stitching or gluing the incision using surgical glue, the skin will be stretched to ensure that the end result is smooth and free from lines and wrinkles.
LOWER EYELID SURGERY
If you opt for lower eyelid surgery, or a combination of upper and lower eyelid surgery, this will almost always be performed under general anaesthetic. Your surgeon will make an incision along the lower lash line before removing any excess fat (often known as eye bags) and stretching the skin to ensure a smooth finish. Once the incision has been stitched, any excess skin will be removed and you will be left with smoother, younger looking skin underneath the eyes.
EYE BAG REMOVAL PRICES
Prices start from £3,450, but there is no set price for Eye Bag Removal surgery as every single patient is different and treated on an entirely individual, case-by-case basis. In order to get a quote that is specific to you, find your nearest clinic and please book in for your free consultation with one of our nurses to discuss your requirements in complete confidence. The price you are given will include everything from the procedure itself, to the cost of your overnight stay and after care appointments – there are no hidden costs.
Before your Eye Bag Removal surgery
You may be advised to undergo an eye test if you have any concerns about health issues in your eyes. You should also purchase a gel pack for when you get home from the hospital to act as an 'ice pack' to reduce swelling and bruising.
If you are a smoker, or take aspirin or any other medication, your Cosmetic Surgeon will wish to discuss this with you at your consultation. Your Cosmetic Surgeon will advise you when you are to discontinue and/or resume these activities.
The day of your Eye Bag Removal surgery
The Cosmetic Surgeon will visit you in your room and mark the eyes with a pen, in preparation for surgery. Your Cosmetic Surgeon will also obtain your final consent, and answer any last minute questions you may have. Immediately after your surgery you can expect to have ice packs over your eyes to keep bruising and swelling to a minimum. Painkillers will be available should you require them and eye ointment may be given to you.
Going home after Eye Bag Removal surgery
- Your Cosmetic Surgeon will advise you in relation to how long to stay off work
- Usually between one and two weeks depending on the extent of the surgery
- You will need to rest and avoid bending down
- If eye ointment has been given to you, you will need to continue using this as recommended by your Cosmetic Surgeon.
- Continue to use your 'ice pack' to relieve bruising and keep the scars dry and clean until stitches are removed
- A pair of dark glasses will help to hide the bruising and swelling during this recovery period.
- You will need to rest with your head elevated on pillows or cushions for 4 nights after your surgery.
- You must avoid rubbing or towelling your eyes.
- It is very important that you attend the follow up post surgery appointment which has been made for you, to care for your wound and see your Cosmetic Surgeon post-operatively to make sure that you are healing well.
- You will have your own personal Nurse Counsellor both before and after your procedure to support you and answer any questions you may have.
RECOVERY FROM EYE BAG REMOVAL
The incisions made by your surgeon will be very carefully positioned along the lash line and in the natural creases of the eye to ensure that any minimal scarring will be hidden. It is completely normal to experience swelling and bruising to the area but this tends to settle within the first few days of the recovery period and any pink scars will quickly fade to faint white lines. Your stitches will usually be removed between three and seven days after surgery and you will be advised not to return to work for a week after the operation.
It is important that your decision to have a Cosmetic Surgery procedure is considered carefully. There are many points that should be considered before deciding to have any type of Cosmetic Treatment or Surgery.
There are also some possible risks, as with all surgical operations, which your Cosmetic Surgeon will talk through and explain to you at your consultation, answering any questions you may have. This is your opportunity to discuss your intended surgery in order that the Cosmetic Surgeon can ascertain your expectations as to what can realistically be achieved.
Every Cosmetic Surgeon who performs eye bag removal procedures for The Harley Medical Group belongs to a relevant professional organisation, is fully accredited to practice in the UK as a specialist in Plastic Surgery, and has specific training and experience in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Our nurses advise you consider the following things before your surgery:
- Child care and post surgery activities including sleeping arrangements
- How long will the effects of treatment keep me away from my usual activities?
- At what stage will I be able to judge the results of treatment?
- How long do the results last?
- When can I return to work?
At The Harley Medical Group our aftercare is second to none. You will have your own specially trained cosmetic surgery nurse to guide you through your eye bag removal procedure and aftercare. In fact, with The Harley Medical Group you are patient for life.
Our Cosmetic Surgeons are among the most skilled, qualified and experienced in Eye Bag Removal surgery and our fully qualified Cosmetic Surgery Nurses are specially selected for their expertise and approachability.
We understand finance availability can sometimes be a barrier to undergoing a Cosmetic Surgery procedure, with manageable payments, we can provide a feasible solution to suits your needs. We have a range of finance options available to help you pay for your procedure, ask at your Free consultation and your counsellor will be happy to take you through these.
Please contact one of our Client Service Advisors or call 0800 288 4110 or discuss your financial options with one of our nurses during your consultation at your local clinic.
0% finance available.
Finance starts from £99.73 per month