What is Rhinoplasty/Nose Reshaping?
Types of Rhinoplasty
- Open Rhinoplasty: a cut is made across the skin between the nostrils leaving a fine scar which gradually fades.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: involves tiny cuts inside the nostrils leaving minimal, mostly internal, scarring
- Septo-Rhinoplasty: straightens the nose to correct a deviated septum
- Rhinoplasty-Tip: cartilage is removed to reduce the tip without visible scarring
- Nostril Alteration: involves tiny incisions with minimal scarring which is hidden in the nostril crease
The Rhinoplasty Procedure
Before the surgery you will meet with your surgeon to discuss:
- Your reason for undergoing Nose Reshaping surgery.
- The changes you are trying to make.
- The results you would like achieved - you need to maintain realistic expectations.
- Activities to be discontinued prior to surgery including smoking and taking certain medications.
The day of surgery will require some preparation before the procedure:
- You will be asked to be 'nil-by-mouth' for up to six hours.
- Your surgeon will prepare you for surgery - and may draw marks on the skin
- Final consent will be obtained at this time your surgeon will answer any last minute questions
The surgery itself will:
- Be performed under general anaesthetic
- Take around two hours
- Leave minimal scarring
- Requires an overnight stay in hospital
Immediately after surgery
- A splint is placed over the bridge of your nose, possibly packs inside the nostrils and possibly ice packs over your eyes, to minimise bruising and swelling
- You may not be able to breath through your nose; drink plenty of fluids to help avoid a sore throat
- Painkillers will be offered, however the congested nasal feeling is more the reason for the discomfort.
Following your surgery you will:
- Experience some numbness, bruising and swelling which gradually fades
- Have slight bleeding from your nostrils which can be dabbed away.
- Need to rest in a semi-upright position for the first few days and avoid bending down.
- Be required to come in to the clinic for a post operative appointment 7-10 after surgery
- Find contact lenses are difficult to insert or remove; glasses may be uncomfortable.
Quality of Care and Assurance
The Harley Medical Group is a trusted cosmetic surgery provider and is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) in England and the Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW). The CQC and HIW are executive non-departmental public bodies which are part of the UK governments Department of Health and Social Care.
As part of our commitment to quality care, we have a Clinical Governance Board which is comprised of medical experts and surgeons who work with us. All our surgeons, treatments and procedures are vetted by the Clinical Governance Board.
As well as working with us, many of our expert surgeons also hold substantive posts in the National Health Service (NHS) in cosmetic and other specialities. Specialities in include oncology (Cancer Care), hand and wrist surgery, medical research and more.
The Harley Medical Group has performed thousands of Rhinoplasty procedures across our 18 clinics across the UK including Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds and our flagship clinic on Harley Street in London and regularly receives excellent feedback from patients.
We understand finance availability can sometimes be a barrier to undergoing a Cosmetic Surgery procedure, with manageable payments, we can provide a feasible solution to suits your needs. We have a range of finance options available to help you pay for your procedure, ask at your Free consultation and your counsellor will be happy to take you through these.
Please contact one of our Client Service Advisors or call 0800 288 4110 or discuss your financial options with one of our nurses during your consultation at your local clinic.
0% finance* available.
*0% Finance available, subject to status and terms and conditions apply.
LCHMG Limited trading as Harley Medical is an Appointed Representative of Lasercare Clinics (Harrogate) Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to carry out the regulated activity of credit broking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rhinoplasty (also known as a 'nose job' or nose reshaping surgery) is a type of cosmetic surgery that changes the size or shape of the nose.
Prices for rhinoplasty start from £6625, exact price will be confirmed in your consultation where we will discuss your individual requirements.
Rhinoplasty can make your nose smaller if some of the bone and cartilage is removed during surgery.
It normally takes up to six weeks to recover after rhinoplasty, however it may take up to 12 months for the swelling to be reduced completely.
Rhinoplasty surgery usually takes between 1.5 to 3 hours.
If your nose is bent, your surgeon can help to fix the problem during nose reshaping surgery by breaking the nose bone and rearranging the cartilage.
A nose job can be worth it for several reasons. For example, if you have a deviated septum it can help you to breathe through your nose more easily, and if you are self conscious about the appearance of your nose it can also help to improve your confidence. During your consultation, a nurse will be able to discuss the benefits of a nose job with you in more detail.
18 years, it is recommended that you should wait until this age before having a nose job.