Skincare specialist gives tips on how to wash your face properly
29 July 2014The act of washing your face sounds easy enough, right? Wrong. Apparently this simplistic task involves more detail than we initially thought which is why The Huffington Post has pointed out how exactly we should be cleansing our faces. One Facial Therapist and Skin Specialist has highlighted the importance of cleansing and how the following steps can benefit your faces appearance:
- Ditch the 20 second rule. Its a common belief that people tend to cleanse for just 20 seconds, but give yourself a full minute to massage the cleanser into your skin. From covering the forehead right down to the neck, massaging helps to stimulate toxin removal as well as boost blood flow all helpful things to improve your facial aesthetics.
- You need more than water to cleanse your face. Your dust-covered clothes dont get clean thanks to water alone, so the same practice should be applied to your face use a cleansing product.
- Always use fresh water. Just because youve filled your sink with fresh water, all youre doing is splashing your face with the same dirty water.
- Having problem skin means I need to use strong cleansing products. Avoid this mindset, as the harsh chemicals will strip your skin and once the skin becomes irritated, will lead to more breakouts. Opt for PH balanced products that can specifically treat problem skin.
- I use a cleansing scrub on a daily basis but Im left with dry skin. Thats because scrubs should be used sparingly once or a twice a week, in fact. Overuse will leave skin dry and flaky.
- Cleansing aggravates my skin. Check to see if its suited to your skin type, as buying a cleanser based simply on brand or budget is not enough.