18 clinics across the UK
Full, natural-looking, beautiful lips...
- Creates bigger lips / increases fullness of thin lips.
- Enhances lip definition
- Creates a more defined smile
- Give the mouth area a youthful, rejuvenated appearance
Dermal fillers are also effective for smoothing out 'Lipstick Lines' or 'Smokers Lines' around the mouth, as well as other troublesome areas on the face.
Benefits of Lip Fillers
- Lip Filler prices from £199
- Lip Fillers lend volume and definition to create bigger lips, producing a sensual, more pronounced pout.
- Gives a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance.
- Can help turn the corners of the mouth upwards.
- The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Non-permanent and will naturally break down.
- Lip Injections are only performed by a fully trained Medical Professional
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Lip augmentation treatment can be tailored to your needs providing a natural look.
Lip Fillers Before & After Images
Our patients see excellent results after their Lip Filler Treatments.
TIP: Drag the slider bar left and right to view Before & After Photos
About Lip Fillers
There are many reasons why people are unhappy with the shape and size of their lips. For some their lips have started to appear thinner and less defined as a result of the natural ageing process. For others their lips have always been narrow with a less pronounced cupid’s bow. Make-up can create the illusion of bigger lips, however many lipsticks are prone to smudging, distorting and bleeding into the vertical lines known as 'lipstick lines' above the mouth.
Our lip fillers have been specifically developed to enhance the natural pattern of your lips, helping you achieve more defined, beautifully shaped, bigger lips. Our semi-permanent fillers are a manmade, non-animal gel that mimics the body’s natural hyaluronic acid, giving safe, long-lasting and natural looking results.
There are many lip fillers on the market that are substandard in terms of ingredients and quality. At The Harley Medical Group we only use the most advanced temporary lip filler range available. Most importantly, we only allow qualified and certified doctors and nurses to inject fillers in our clinics.
Not all fillers are created equal...
There a numerous fillers available on the market each with varying levels of cohesivity, elasticity, longevity, hyaluronic acid concentration and protrusion. These variations will dictate how and where these fillers should be used.
At The Harley Medical Group we choose to use Juvederm Volift.
- Volift contains lidocaine which reduces discomfort during and after the treatment
- Volift allows us to fill and shape lips while also treating any present fine 'lipstick lines'
- Volift results last up to 18 months
- The hyaluronic acid is synthetically made, not animal sourced
- After one month the lip filler results can seen but the filler cannot be felt beneath the skin
- Volift is produced by the world market leader with over 35 years experience that consistently tests, reviews and improves its products to give you the best results available.
Each face is unique and while our extensive experience enables us to predict how your lip filler results will look after your treatment no-one can guarantee the outcome. This is why, for your first treatment with us, we choose to build on your results over a period of time to ensure you get the look you want whether it is subtle and natural or full and striking.
At your first treatment we will start with 1ml lip filler and over a period of time increase by 0.5ml until we know exactly how much product is right for you. When we know how much product is required to get your ideal lip filler result we will treat accordingly on your visits to the clinic, until you tell us that you desire a different result.
Not all practioners are created equal either...
Dermal fillers, including lip fillers, are regarded as 'minimally invasive' treatments and are therefore not regulated in the UK, this means that anyone can inject them. While the treatment is extremely safe and impermanent, meaning it will naturally break down over time unless permanent fillers are used, there are still significant risks with being treated by an untrained injector.
We choose to only have all injectable treatments, including lip fillers, to be administered by either a nurse or a doctor. Untrained practitioners with no medical background are at a higher risk of:
- Injections causing necrosis, a form of cell injury that results in the premature death of cells
- Infected wounds leading to permanent scarring
- Uneven and lumpy results
- Injecting the product at the wrong depth causing nodules
- Injecting the wrong filler product for the area.
Whether you choose to have your lip filler with us, or someone else, we recommend when meeting a practitioner for the first time always ask questions about the nature of the filler used and consider whether you feel comfortable having a treatment with someone who cannot answer.
Lip Fillers Cost
Lip Fillers create bigger lips with beautiful fullness with added definition. They are often combined with Dermal Fillers to treat lipstick lines and to create bigger lips with a more rejuvenated and youthful appearance.
Our lip filler prices start from £199
We would be delighted to book you in for your free Lip Filler consultation.
Lip Filler Aftercare
What to expect directly after your treatment
- Post lip augmentation treatment there may be some tenderness, redness and swelling to the lips, this is very normal and will subside, usually within a few days.
- No recovery time is required after lip augmentation treatment and you can return to day to day activities straight away.
- Occasional bruising can occur; it is usually short term and lasts a few days.
- Your nurse will discuss your recovery and what to expect when you attend you appointment
- Avoid wearing make-up for 12 hours post lip injections treatment
- Avoid extreme temperatures until redness and swelling subsides – no saunas, steam rooms, sun beds or sun exposure
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post lip augmentation treatment
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours minimum post treatment
- Avoid manipulation of the treated area
- Lip injection treatments are normally recommended every 6-12 months.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At The Harley Medical Group we use semi-permanent fillers by Juvederm®. Juvederm® is are long-lasting smooth gel dermal fillers, and are the only hyaluronic acid volumising filler that is approved by FDA to last up to one year with one treatment.
Our highly trained Medical Professionals use:
- Voluma - restoring lost volume to the cheeks or chin for a gentle lifting effect. A long-lasting smooth gel, and is the only hyaluronic acid volumising filler approved by FDA, with results lasting up to 12 months.
- Volift - reducing or smoothing facial lines, wrinkles and fold for a fresher and brighter appearance, with results lasting up to 15 months
- Volbella - subtly reshapes and redefines lips and facial contours, with results lasting up to 12 months
- Ultra - addressed fine wrinkles and scars by adding add volume and hydration, with results lasting up to 9 months
- Smile - a lip enhancement treatment which offers plumped lips with outline definition, results lasting up to 12 months
The effects of Dermal Fillers gradually fade, but will last on average between 4-12 months, depending on the treatment area.
When you start to notice the effects of your fillers wear-off you can come back to your local clinic for a top-up treatment. Shuold you choose not to continue with dermal fillers the gel will biodegrade in the skin and simply disappear.
You will see instant results after your Dermal Filler treatment.
No recovery time is required after dermal filler treatment and you can return to day to day activities straight away.
Post treatment there may be some tenderness, redness and swelling to the site, this is very normal and will subside, usually within a few days.
Out temporary fillers are injected in small controlled doses just under the surface of skin of the area to be treated. This fills out the sunken areas and lines to give a smoother, firmer and more refreshed appearance.
Depending on the type of dermal filler used, results can last from 6 to 24 months.
Lips are very sensitive, so we apply a local anaesthetic before your treatment to numb the area. There may still be some discomfort, if this is too great inform your nurse practitioner who will look to ease this as much as possible.
At The Harley Medical Group due to ethical reasons we do have age limit policies with our injectable treatments. Due to the natural development of the face and muscles we have made the decision not to provide dermal or lip fillers to anyone below the age of 18. To treat excessive sweating, hyperhidrosis, we do not inject anyone below the age of 21. For muscle relaxant injections that address lines and wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes we do not treat anyone below the age of 25.