Mr Simon Smith
MEDICAL DIRECTOR - THE HARLEY MEDICAL GROUP
GMC NUMBER: 4034339
Mr Smith is the Medical Director of The Harley Medical Group and is a Consultant Breast Surgeon on the specialist register in general surgery. Mr Smith qualified as a Medical Doctor in 1993 and, following 12 years of postgraduate surgical training, including a Masters in Surgery at Imperial College, London, has been a Consultant Breast Surgeon since 2005. He is currently the Clinical Lead at the Chelmsford Breast Unit which is one of the UK's leading oncological and reconstructive breast units, as well as being Lead Cancer Clinician at his NHS Trust.
- Intercollegiate Examination in General Surgery, (ASGBI Gold Medal Winner) - 2004
- Master of Surgery - 2002
- F.R.C.S. Pt II (London) - 1997
- F.R.C.S. Pt I (London) - 1995
- M.B., B.S. - 1993
- B.Sc. - 1990
RECENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Consultant Oncoplastic Breast & Endocrine Surgeon, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Membership number: 4034339
- British Medical Association
- The Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- The Royal Society of Medicine - Fellow
- The Association of Cancer Surgery (ACS) (formerly BASO)
- The Association of Breast Surgeons (ABS)
- The British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons (BAETS)
- Chelmsford Private Hospital, Chelmsford
What Our patients say...
Mr Simon smith is a lovely man with a professional approach. Post surgery I am very pleased with the results and the follow up support from all the staff.
Every single person who dealt with me throughout the whole process have been very professional, friendly, kind and caring-Simon Smith, my Surgeon, did the best job- I am so pleased with the results and his team were lovely. Well done you guys- can't recommend you highly enough.
My surgeon simon smith was amazing and my results are fantastic. He was so helpful with me answer my emails straight away and insuring me that I will be fine. I would highly recommended the harley medical group !
Such great care from both Harley medical and the Chelmsford day surgery, nurses are brilliant and Mr Smith was wonderful! So honest and he recommended the size of the enlargement and couldn't be happier!
Simon and his team was very friendly when I had my surgery and great after care
BEYOND THE OPERATING THEATRE
Simon has always been passionate about medicine and getting fully immersed to make the most of every experience, even when that's working in a hospital in the Namib Desert. An active member of the medical arena he has a long history of teaching and has published numerous papers and contributed to multiple books.
Your clinic will be able to show you Mr Smith's full CV.