AN INSTANT WAY TO ERASE TELL-TALE LINES & WRINKLES
Dermal Fillers are popular and versatile anti-ageing injectable treatment that plumps, volumises and lifts the skin leaving it smooth, contoured and youthful. With instant results and no down-time it’s easy to understand why it’s one of our most popular anti-ageing treatments. The most popular treatment areas include:
- Nose to Mouth Grooves (also known Nasal labial folds)
- Mouth to chin (also known Marionette lines)
- Frown Lines & Forehead Lines
- Cheeks - to lift and volumise the whole face
- Chin & Jaw line - to sculpt and define
- Acne Pits & Scarring
- Lip Lines - to fill lipstick lines, also know as smoker's lines
- Lip Filler - to define the vermillion boarder and add volume to the body of the lips.
See some of the brilliant results from our Dermal Fillers
Book your FREE consultation with a highly qualified Nurse for more information on Dermal Fillers and to see more before and after images
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who will perform my filler treatment?
At The Harley Medical Group you will only ever be treated by a fully train Registered Nurse or Doctor. Your Nurse Counsellor will run through all of this information in thorough detail with you at your consultation and will assess your suitability for this treatment. Your counsellor will then be able to advise you on the treatment plan which is most suitable for you to achieve your desired results.
Dermal Filler treatments are unregulated in the UK,which means that any aesthetic practitioner with less than a day's training can perform the treatment. For your safety and high standard results we highly recommend that you only attend a Registered Clinic, and are treated by a Medical Professional.
At The Harley Medical Group we are proud to work alongside and be registered with Treatments You Can Trust. The Treatments You Can Trust has developed and maintain best practice standards for cosmetic injectable treatments. Their guide covers the essential requirements of medicines safety, infection control, education and training.
What happens when I have my filler treatment?
PRIOR TO A DERMAL FILLERS TREATMENT
Prior to your dermal filler treatment, a mild anaesthetic cream is applied to the treatment area for your comfort. Some of our fillers contain Lidocaine and do not require an additional anaesthetic prior to treatment - please tell your nurse if you would still like a mild anaesthetic cream.
The dermal filler is then injected into the skin beneath the wrinkle with a very fine needle. Your highly qualified Nurse Injector or Doctor may suggest that you have a small injection to numb the area prior to the filler injections.
FOLLOWING A DERMAL FILLERS TREATMENT
A dermal fillers treatment can be very quick and effective and have a minimal impact on your time. It takes 20-40 minutes depending on the number of lines and wrinkles treated.
Make-up can be applied immediately after a dermal filler treatment and you can go straight back to your daily routine. It is common to have some redness and swelling following the treatment, although this usually resolves after a few hours and the results can be seen instantly.
Which Dermal Fillers do you use?
At The Harley Medical Group we use semi-permanent fillers by Juvederm®. Juvederm® is are long-lasting smooth gel dermal fillers, and are the only hyaluronic acid volumising filler that is approved by FDA to last up to one year with one treatment.
Our highly trained Medical Professionals use:
- Voluma - restoring lost volume to the cheeks or chin for a gentle lifting effect. A long-lasting smooth gel, and is the only hyaluronic acid volumising filler approved by FDA, with results lasting up to 12 months.
- Volift - reducing or smoothing facial lines, wrinkles and fold for a fresher and brighter appearance, with results lasting up to 15 months
- Volbella - subtly reshapes and redefines lips and facial contours, with results lasting up to 12 months
- Ultra - addressed fine wrinkles and scars by adding add volume and hydration, with results lasting up to 9 months
- Smile - a lip enhancement treatment which offers plumped lips with outline definition, results lasting up to 12 months
How long do dermal fillers last?
The effects of Dermal Fillers gradually fade, but will last on average between 4-12 months, depending on the treatment area.
When you start to notice the effects of your fillers wear-off you can come back to your local clinic for a top-up treatment. Shuold you choose not to continue with dermal fillers the gel will biodegrade in the skin and simply disappear.
How quickly will I notice filler results?
You will see instant results after your Dermal Filler treatment.
No recovery time is required after dermal filler treatment and you can return to day to day activities straight away.
Post treatment there may be some tenderness, redness and swelling to the site, this is very normal and will subside, usually within a few days.
How are Dermal Fillers Administered?
Out temporary fillers are injected in small controlled doses just under the surface of skin of the area to be treated. This fills out the sunken areas and lines to give a smoother, firmer and more refreshed appearance.
Depending on the type of dermal filler used, results can last from 6 to 24 months.