as part of a healthy lifestyle
Have you tried intermittent fasting in the past that has been difficult to stick to? Then ProLon could be for you.
If you need to lose weight to get to your ideal BMI, ProLon is a scientifically tested 5-day mainly plant-based programme that mimics fasting while providing your body with the nutrition it needs.
ProLon is designed to support metabolic health and healthy ageing, reduce cravings, as well as increase energy and mental focus.
ProLon's 5-Day Fast Mimicking Diet preserves lean body mass and nourishes your body while supporting overall health.
Following 15 years of extensive preclinical and clinical studies, ProLon is a fasting diet that was launched in 2016 to help nourish the body while promoting rejuvenating changes. Not only can it help you to lose weight, but it also promotes metabolic health and healthy ageing*.
*Benefits seen in a clinical study of the 5-day ProLon cycle once /month for 3 months
The Fasting Mimicking Diet® (FMD) was created by Professor Valter Longo PhD, a world leader in longevity and fasting, and Director of the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California.
Consisting of low-protein, low-carbohydrate and high good fat ingredients, all meals in the ProLon programme have been designed by professional Italian chefs to maximise protective effects relating to fasting, while providing the vitamins, minerals and essential dietary components that you need to stay healthy and well.
Who is ProLon for?
ProLon is suitable for:
- Clients who have undergone Abdominoplasty/ Liposuction/ Vaser Liposuction, to enhance and prolong surgical results after 3 months if there are no signs of delayed healing.
- Clients who need to lose weight before surgery but may be busy and want to enhance their health and wellbeing while on the go.
- Those that have tried fasting diets before but not experience the desired results.
- Clients aged between 18-70.
The ProLon programme could not be easier to follow, as all of the meals are pre-packaged in labeled boxes so you know exactly what to eat across each of the 5 days.
Including both micro and macro-nutrients, meals consist of a range of delicious plant based soups, energy bars, drinks, snacks such as fresh olives, nuts, seeds, teas and supplements. All are gluten and lactose free, with a total daily caloric intake of between 750 – 1100 calories.
How to purchase ProLon
To start your ProLon weight loss journey, click here:
Arrange a wellness call
At The Harley Medical Group we are committed to providing all of our clients with personalised care. When you purchase the ProLon programme, we will arrange regular wellness calls to offer you support throughout your journey and answer any questions that you may have.
To arrange a wellness call, please call 0800 288 4101 once you have purchased a ProLon pack.
Frequently Asked Questions
While you are following the ProLon programme, your body goes into a fasting mode. ProLon supports the natural process of cellular clean-up and renewal, triggering rejuvenation from within.
ProLon is not suitable for:
- Those aged under 18 or over 70.
- If you are allergic to nuts, soy, oats, sesame, celery/celeriac etc. For full information on allergens, click here.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have current dietary restrictions.
- You have a fever, cough, diarrhoea, or signs of an active infection.
- Are underweight (with a BMI under 18.5) or have a history of eating disorders.
- Protein deficient or malnourished.
- Compromised immunity.
- All foods are vegetarian however bovine gelatin and honey are used which may not be suitable for vegans.
After you have completed the 5-day plan, you should gradually return to your normal diet for the remainder of the month. By doing this, you will experience the fasting mimicking diet’s rejuvenating effect.
However, it’s important to avoid binge eating and start with soft foods such as soups and fruit juices/ smoothies, followed by light meals, including rice, pasta and small portions of meat, fish and/or legumes.
A normal diet can be resumed on day 7, or 24 hours after the end of the ProLon diet.
One week prior to starting the ProLon programme, you should reduce your caﬀeine consumption and start eating smaller portions as part of time restricted eating. Once you have purchased your plan, Harley Medical Group personnel will be able to go through the preparation steps with you in more detail during a wellness call.
While you are on the 5-day ProLon plan, you should avoid:
- Strenuous exercising or activities that may consume a high level of calories.
- Extreme temperature environments like hot tubs/ saunas, or driving long distances under strong sun or heat exposure.
- Turkish baths and hydro-massage.