The natural, rejuvenating power of the pumpkin
Medically reviewed by The Harley Medical Group Clinical Governance Board, on 6th September 2018.
Everyone knows the benefit of healthy food - it produces healthy mind and body. And while we wholeheartedly promote eating fruit and vegetables we also like to wear them! Our Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer contains 40% pumpkin pulp which helps protect the skin from UVA sun rays as well as exfoliates and soothes. It also contains orange stem cells which, when combined with other ingredients, promotes collagen and elastin production, reducing fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage.
The Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer is the ideal treatment for anti-ageing giving you excellent results including:
- Decreased appearance of enlarged pores
- Improved skin tone and texture
- Reduced pigmentation
- Improved appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer
Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer
The pumpkin resurfacer was originally designed to treat people with acne concerns, but the more clients who tried it the more discovered amazing the treatment is. Not only does the Pumpkin Resurfacer treat acne concerns, it also treats enlarged pores, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles but it also improves the skin's tone and texture.
The high performance ingredients actively fight free radicals that cause the skin to age over time. Free radicals are created from pollution, dust, cigarette smoke and the sun. They are particles chemical particles of oxygen that enter into negative chemical bonds with organic substances, such as protein, and detroy it.
The Pumpkin Resurfacer comes in two strengths, primary and power. At The Harley Medical Group we start all of our clients on the primary resurfacer to introduce their skin to the treatment. When the skin is fully prepped we will then treat with the power resurfacer. Many clients see excellent results with the primary resurfacer and choose not to move on the power resurfacer.
During your treatment
Before your first treatment you will have a consultation with one of our highly qualified team, who will take you through the process in detail.
You may be asked to prepare your skin with specialist products to get optimum results.
- Your practitioner will start by cleansing your skin twice. The first cleanse will remove any dirt or make-up sitting on the skin, the second is designed to slow the effect of free radicals.
- Next the Dermarprime Prep Solution is applied to the face
- A balm is then applied to protect the skin post treatment
- The Pumpkin Resurfacer is then applied for up to ten minutes
- The resurfacer is gently removed with a cool soothing towel and a neutralising solution is applied to calm the skin
- Depending on your requirements a C infusion mask may be applied for up to ten minutes. This will hydrate the skin significantly reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- A hydrating serum is then applied quickly to the skin, followed by our C Infusion Serum to energise the treated skin
- Finally our SheerZinc SPF30 is applied to protect the skin from the elements for the rest of the day.
We strongly recommend that make-up is not applied for 24 hours, unless it is mineral based.
The process may vary slightly between client's depending on individual needs for optimum results.
Benefits of the Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer
- Vigorously increases cell turnover improving the brightness and condition of the skin
- Decreasing papule and pustular activity caused by acne
- Helps to correct uneven pigmentation
- Aggressively helps thicker, leathery and sun damaged skin
- Stimulates of collagen and elastin generation to rejuvenate the skin.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
Key ingredients in the Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer
The Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer has numerous performance ingredients including:
- Pumpkin Pulp - has a high level of beta-carotene that helps protect the skin from UVA sun rays, it also acts to exfoliate and soothe the skin.
- Glycolic Acid - the fastest and deepest penetrating of the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) that reduces fine lines, wrinkles and sun damage
- Lactic Acid - an AHA that gently hydrates the skin and inhibits tyrosinase
- Salicylic Acid - a BA (Beta Hydroxy) Acid which helps to combat oily skin and acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Orange Stem Cells - promote the synthesis of collagen and increases skin's firmness
Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer Prices
You will see results after one treatment but we highly recommend undertaking a full course to get the best results.
|Course of 3 treatments||£252.45|
|Course of 6 treatments||£445.50|
We also recommend using our skincare range to ensure you get the best results.
Please ask your practitioner to develop a bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:
- Essential B5 Hydrating Serum - a lightweight serum that delivers immediate intensive moisture
- Essential Daily Cleanser - a gentle cleanser that draws dirt, make-up and impurities from the skin
- Essential Moisturiser - a rich hydrating cream that refines skin's texture and smoothes fine lines
- SheerZinc SPF30 - a soothing physical sunscreen that provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays, white any white residue
- Stem Cell Rebuilding Complex - an easily absorbed cream that promotes collagen repair in addition to elastin and collagen production
Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer Aftercare
As you know the skin is a very complex organ and will respond in different ways with different people, it really depends on the client’s background regarding medication, skincare products, Fitzpatrick etc.
When the skin is introduced to active ingredients for the first time it can on some occasions become over stimulated to quickly causing the skin to respond by creating a dermal clear out, slight tenderness, an erythema, slight flacking due to the cell renew process becoming faster, these are not bad reactions, they are normal skin reactions a client with an unbalanced, dehydrated skin may experience.
WHAT TO EXPECT DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- Directly after your Pumpkin Resurfacer you may experience some redness, this will fade within 24 hours
- Three to six days following your peel you can expect some skin flaking, please do not exfoliate this as your skin will be sensitive.
- Total recovery time will vary between five to ten days depending on treatment type performed i.e. Primary or Power Pumpkin Resurfacer.
- You can apply a mineral based makeup directly post treatment, but we strongly advise agains't using a chemical based on as this will reduce the impact of your results.
Your practitioner will advise you of your complete aftercare programme.
To ensure you get optimum results we highly recommend a good daily home care routine. Your practitioner will a design bespoke skincare package tailored to your specific needs which may include some of the following products:
Essential Daily Cleanser
A gentle cleanser that draws dirt, make-up and impurities from the skin.
Essential B5 Hydrating Serum
Shower your skin in our intensive and lightweight hydrating serum.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What will I experience during my Rejuvenating Pumpkin Resurfacer?
During your resurfacer treatment you will experience a warm and tingling sensation. Some areas may feel warmer than others, if the sensation becomes uncomfortable inform your practitioner who will neutralise the area. The sensation can be unsual for some clients so they choose not to have the full 10 minute treatment; gradually your skin will become accustomed and you will keep the resurfacer on for longer.
You practitioner will be keeping a very close watch on as your resurfacer develops to ensure you are getting an effective and comfortable experience.
Directly after your resurfacer you may experience some redness, flaking skin or a mild breakout. These are all signs that the peel has been effective, and the greater the reaction the faster you'll get results, so please don't be disheartened.
What is the difference between the Primary and the Power Pumpkin Resurfacer?
The Primary Pumpkin Resurfacer contains lower levels of Glycolic and Lactic Acids, the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) that repair and delay the signs of ageing. Consequently the results provide, while highly effective, are not a powerful as the Power Pumpkin Resurfacer.
The Primary Pumpkin Resurfacer is a precursor to the Power Pumpkin Resurfacer. We will not perform Power Pumpkin Resurfacer on a client until they are comfortable with the full 10 minute Primary Pumpkin Resurfacer treatment.
Do you use Pumpkin Resurfacer to treat acne?
We do use the Pumkpin Resurfacer to treat mild forms of acne, however we also have alternative treatments that provide excellent results.
- Acne Solution Salicylic Acid Resurfacer is a gentle but effective treatment for mild forms of acne
- Acne Solution Salicylic Acid Peel is a stronger treatment for moderate to severe forms of acne
- Acne Solution Modified Jessner Peel is a strong treatment for severe forms of acne
Your practitioner will be able to advise you which treatment is right for you at your free, no obligation consultation.