18 clinics across the UK
Why Choose The Harley Medical Group
- We offer the highest standard of treatment and service at competitive prices
- We have many happy patients who have found new confidence following the scar reduction treatment
- We are medically led with all consultations conducted by a fully trained registered nurse
- The treatment is now available in our Clinics Nationwide.
Click here to book your free consultation with a Medical Professional
THE BENEFITS OF DERMAROLLER SKIN TREATMENTS
- The Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scarring, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks and sun damage
- Tightens pores which become larger as we age
- The treatment requires no down time
- It naturally stimulates the skin to repair itself creating a thicker and healthier appearance
- It improves the appearance of acne scarring and chicken pox scars
- The Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ is carried out by our fully qualified Cosmetic Nurses and Aesthetic Practitioners who are specially trained and highly experienced in carrying out the treatment
- The Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ is suitable for all skin tones and types
scar removal prices
Scar removal can be used on any part of the body.
|Prices start from:||Single||Course*|
scar removal aftercare
immediately post treatment
- You may look as though you have sunburn, your skin may feel warm/tighter than usual. This will start to improve over the following 2-3 hours. Usually the redness subsides within 24 hours. On occasions the redness can persist for 3-4 days
- Avoid sauna’s, exercise, hot baths/showers until the redness has gone (this is usually within 24 hours minimum)
- Always make sure that your hands are thoroughly clean when touching the treatment area post procedure. Use tepid water and a non-irritant cleanser to cleanse the face following the treatment, until the redness has gone
- Aloe Vera Gel is recommended post treatment to assist with the redness and warmth in the skin. Continue to use as and when required until the redness has cleared.
- Aggressive Skin Care Products should be avoided until the redness has subsided and it is recommended that makeup is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Once the redness has resolved, the skin may exfoliate more and feel drier than normal.
Additional POst treatment information
- Avoid intensive sunlight exposure and artificial UV exposure for a period of atleast 2-3 weeks after the procedure. Heliocare SPF 50 is recommended on a daily basis during this period and throughout your course of treatments even in the winter/cloudy days. Fake tan should not be applied 10-14 days prior, and 7 days following a Dermaroller treatment
- For patients with oily skin types/ or prone to occasional acne break outs may experience a break out following a Dermaroller treatment as the deeper impurities in the may need to surface due to increase of cell turnover. Please speak to your treatment specialist to discuss methods and suitable products to help reduce the acne symptoms.
- Some bruise may occur in delicate skin areas, such as around the eye area or forehead following a treatment. If you are generally prone to bruising please speak to your treatment specialist to discuss ways to minimise possible bruising such as using Auriderm XO cream, and avoid contributing causes such as alcohol until the bruising has settled.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For skin rejuvenation around the affected area we would recommend 3 courses of treatment with approximately six weeks between treatments.
With Acne scarring, for example, we would suggest 5 courses of treatment again with approximately six weeks between courses of Dermaroller™ treatment
The Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ utilises sterile single-use medical devices. Your Nurse/ Aesthetic Practitioner will use a Dermaroller™ medical device to produce thousands of micro-medical needle-columns in the skin. Each column will penetrate into the dermis of the skin and will be approximately 0.1mm in width. The column will close rapidly enabling the skin to recover quickly.
After the procedure your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. It will take around six weeks for new collagen to form, new skin cells to be generated and for the blood supply to be enhanced.
Depending on the area chosen the treatment is relatively quick taking approximately 45 minutes.
Immediately after your Dermaroller treatment you will look as though you have moderate sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This will start to subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day with only slight redness the following day.
We advise that make up is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure and The Harley Medical Group UVA/UVB sunscreen is recommended following the treatment.
Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ is suitable for use on all skin tones and colours. During the summer months Dermaroller™ Therapy™ is more suitable for darker skins as other treatments can be seen as being more risky due to the increased UV sensitivity they can induce.
All of The Harley Medical Group's Cosmetic Surgery and Non Surgical Solutions clinics in the UK are registered with the Care Quality Commission.
The Harley Medical Group has always been at the forefront of promoting initiatives for legislation of good working practice and patient safety within the cosmetic surgery industry. We are heavily involved with the continual improvement and regulation of the cosmetic surgery industry.
We are pleased to be able to announce that The Harley Medical Group has successfully completed the registration and certification process for the Independent Healthcare Advisory Service Register of Injectable Cosmetic and can be found on the website: www.treatmentsyoucantrust.co.uk
It's essential that you attend a Registered Clinic and are consulted prior to your treatment by a Registered Nurse so that a tailor made treatment programme can be started. Your Nurse Counsellor will be able to advise you on the treatment plan which is most suitable for you to achieve your desired results.
Your Nurse Counsellor will run through all of this information in thorough detail with you at your consultation and will assess your suitability for this treatment. If you have any concerns or further questions relating to Scar Removal treatments, please feel free to contact your nearest clinic, where our friendly Nurse Counsellors are on hand to answer any concerns or queries that you may have.
Click here to book your free consultation with a Medical Professional
We avoid treating over tattoos as the laser could absorb the tattoo ink and reduce the pigment in it drawing any residual ink to the surface. We protect the area whilst treating the surrounding scar.
If you have a scar which you would like to reduce the appearance of then you may be a perfect candidate for this treatment. Dermaroller™ treatment is suitable for treating the appearance of the following types of scars on all skin types and colours:
- Surgical Scars
- Post Trauma Scars
- Skin Graft Scars
- Dark Skin Patches (Melasma)