SkinBrite Pigmentation Peel
Our SkinBrite Chemical Peel combats deep, resistant pigmentation caused by hormones, sun damage, and long-standing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation such as dark spots caused by acne scarring. Unlike many pigmentation treatments it can used on all skin types with excellent results for darker skin tones.
Its unique combination of ingredients and tyronaise inhibitors, when combined with our recommended home care routine, can effectively treat pigmentation and prevent its return. An activation of the melanin hormone, through UV rays or hormonal changes, chemically activates the melanocyte cell found in the skin. It is this chemical reaction that causes pigmentation. A tyronaise inhibitor is an oxidase that significantly limits the enzyme responsible for melanin production consequently preventing further pigmentation.
The SkinBrite Peel pulls pigmentation found in every skin layer to the surface, this includes pigmentation in the dermis that you were not even aware of. This does mean that directly after your treatment your pigmentation may appear worse, but long-term you will get the best results as there will be no underlying pigmentation waiting to relieve itself.
PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PREPARE YOUR SKIN USING
As the SkinBrite Pigmentation Peel is a chemical peel you will need to prep your skin at home for two weeks before your treatment. This is to ensure your skin is ready for the treatment. The products that we highly recommend are:
- SkinBrite Cream - a brightening cream that helps to fade pigmentation and quell melanin for an even glowing skin tone
- SkinBrite Serum - a light serum that diminishes and prevents discolouration
DURING YOUR TREATMENT
Before your first treatment you will have a consultation with one of our highly qualified team, who will take you through the process in detail.
During your pigmentation peel treatment
- Your practitioner will start by cleansing your skin twice. The first cleanse will remove any dirt or make-up sitting on the skin, the second is a peptide rich cleanser designed to firm and tighten the skin.
- Next two preparation solutions are applied. The first solution is a primer, the second prep solution is the SkinBrite Pigmentation Solution which readies the skin for the peel
- A balm is then applied to protect the skin post treatment
- The SkinBrite Pigmentation Peel is then applied and will remain on the skin for 5 minutes. The peel will be applied up to three times depending on comfort level and necessity.
- Retinol is then applied to the skin
- Finally our SheerZinc SPF30 is applied to protect the skin from the elements for the rest of the day.
We strongly recommend that make-up is not applied for 24 hours, unless it is mineral based.
Between courses it is advised that you Retinol Youth Serum. This will maintain the results from your treatment by continuously speeding up cell renewal and prepares the skin for your next course.
Book your free consultation