18 clinics across the UK
STRETCH MARK REMOVAL
Some skin types are more susceptible to stretch marks than others and for some patients the marks can be quite noticeable as raised white or red lines found on the arms, stomach, thighs or breast area. Many people can feel self-conscious about stretch marks, meaning they don’t feel able to wear revealing clothes or swimwear.
Many of us also have a scar that we would like to reduce the appearance of which are a result of an operation, acne, skin grafting or from an injury to the skin. Scar removal treatment can effectively reduce the redness and their appearance.
Why Choose The Harley Medical Group
- We offer the highest standard of treatment and service at competitive prices
- We have many happy patients who have found new confidence following the stretch mark removal treatment
- We are medically led with all consultations conducted by a fully trained medical professional.
- The treatment is now available in our Clinics Nationwide.
- Since we were founded, we ensured that client care has been at the heart of everything we do.
Click here to book your free stretch mark reduction consultation with a Medical Professional
THE BENEFITS OF dermaroller STRETCH MARK REMOVAL
- Visible improvements from the first 45-minute course of Dermaroller™ stretch mark treatment.
- The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Improved confidence due to reduced appearance of stretch marks.
- The Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ is suitable for all skin tones and types
- It naturally stimulates the skin to repair itself creating a thicker and healthier appearance
- The Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ is carried out by our fully qualified Cosmetic Nurses and Aesthetic Practitioners who are specially trained and highly experienced in carrying out the treatment
Stretch Mark REMOVAL COST
Stretch mark removal treatment can be used on any part of the body.
Prices start from:
*Courses consist of 5 treatments - includes aftercare
Stretch Mark REMOVAL AFTERCARE
IMMEDIATELY POST TREATMENT
- You may look as though you have sunburn, your skin may feel warm/tighter than usual. This will start to improve over the following 2-3 hours. Usually the redness subsides within 24 hours. On occasions the redness can persist for 3-4 days
- Avoid sauna’s, exercise, hot baths/showers until the redness has gone (this is usually within 24 hours minimum)
- Always make sure that your hands are thoroughly clean when touching the treatment area post procedure. Use tepid water and a non-irritant cleanser to cleanse the face following the treatment, until the redness has gone
- Aloe Vera Gel is recommended post treatment to assist with the redness and warmth in the skin. Continue to use as and when required until the redness has cleared.
- Aggressive Skin Care Products should be avoided until the redness has subsided and it is recommended that makeup is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Once the redness has resolved, the skin may exfoliate more and feel drier than normal.
ADDITIONAL POST TREATMENT INFORMATION
- Avoid intensive sunlight exposure and artificial UV exposure for a period of atleast 2-3 weeks after the procedure. Heliocare SPF 50 is recommended on a daily basis during this period and throughout your course of treatments even in the winter/cloudy days. Fake tan should not be applied 10-14 days prior, and 7 days following a stretch mark removal treatment
- For patients with oily skin types/ or prone to occasional acne break outs may experience a break out following a stretch mark treatment as the deeper impurities in the may need to surface due to increase of cell turnover. Please speak to your treatment specialist to discuss methods and suitable products to help reduce the acne symptoms.
- Some bruise may occur in delicate skin areas, such as around the eye area or forehead following a treatment. If you are generally prone to bruising please speak to your treatment specialist to discuss ways to minimise possible bruising such as using Auriderm XO cream, and avoid contributing causes such as alcohol until the bruising has settled.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PRIOR TO THE STRETCH MARK TREATMENT
A topical anaesthetic cream will be applied prior to your treatment to numb the skin making the procedure comfortable; it will normally take up to 1 hour for the topical anaesthetic to work. The treatment is performed by one of our specialist nurse / aesthetic practitioners.
The treatment is a form of collagen induction therapy where a series of needles penetrate the skin causing thousands of micro injuries using a specialist medical device. The procedure leads to increased collagen production, which effectively repairs stretch mark tissue.
FOLLOWING THE STRETCH MARK TREATMENT
Your Nurse/ Aesthetic Practitioner will advise you on what to do following treatment. Aloe Vera gel will be applied after the procedure to help soothe and calm the skin. Use tepid water to cleanse the face until the redness has gone, and dry gently, always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
For the best result The Harley Medical Group recommends a course of 5 treatments.
Immediately after your Dermaroller treatment you will look as though you have moderate sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This will start to subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day with only slight redness the following day.
We advise that make up is not applied for 24 hours after the procedure and The Harley Medical Group UVA/UVB sunscreen is recommended following the treatment.
Depending on the area chosen the treatment is relatively quick taking approximately 45 minutes and we recommend six weeks between each of your treatments.
If you have stretch marks which you would like to reduce the appearance of then you may be a perfect candidate for this treatment. The treatment is suitable for treating the appearance of the following types of stretch marks and scars on all skin types and colours:
- Stretch marks (Striae)
- Surgical scars
- Post trauma scars
- Skin Graft Scars
- Tattoo Removal Scars
- Dark skin patches (Melasma)
A treatment course of five treatments with six weeks in between each course is recommended for best results.
Based on figures from the United States, and it's believe that the United Kingdom has similar statistics 70% of adolescent females and 40% of adolescent males have some stretch marks on their body, which will fade but not disappear. Approximately 90% of pregnant women will have some stretch marks by the end of the pregnancy.
Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ is suitable for use on all skin tones and colours. During the summer months Dermaroller™ Therapy™ is more suitable for darker skins as other treatments can be seen as being more risky due to the increased UV sensitivity they can induce.
All of The Harley Medical Group's Cosmetic Surgery and Non Surgical Solutions clinics in the UK are registered with the Care Quality Commission.
The Harley Medical Group has always been at the forefront of promoting initiatives for legislation of good working practice and patient safety within the cosmetic surgery industry. We are heavily involved with the continual improvement and regulation of the cosmetic surgery industry.
We are pleased to be able to announce that The Harley Medical Group has successfully completed the registration and certification process for the Independent Healthcare Advisory Service Register of Injectable Cosmetic and can be found on the website: www.treatmentsyoucantrust.co.uk
The Genuine Dermaroller™ Therapy™ utilises sterile single-use medical devices. Your Nurse/ Aesthetic Practitioner will use a Dermaroller™ medical device to produce thousands of micro-medical needle-columns in the skin. Each column will penetrate into the dermis of the skin and will be approximately 0.1mm in width. The column will close rapidly enabling the skin to recover quickly.
After the procedure your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. It will take around six weeks for new collagen to form, new skin cells to be generated and for the blood supply to be enhanced.