MR pundrique Sharma
Consultant surgeon in Plastic Surgery
GMC Number: 6079157
Mr Pundrique Sharma holds a substantive post as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Alder Hey NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool. He attended University College London Hospital and
was selected against national competition to be one of only six students to do a combined medical degree and PhD. He graduated in 2003 and spent his plastic surgery training in Lister, Cambridge, Chelmsford, India, USA and Canada. In addition to completing his Doctorate in Medicine, Mr Sharma has published several book chapters and numerous peer-reviewed publications in highly respected international medical and plastic surgical journals. He is listed on the General Medical Council Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery, Medical Defence Union, Plastic Surgery Trainees Association and a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (Plastic Surgery).
Mr Sharma is a keen believer in patient centred care and works together with his patients and his team to provide the best care within strict governance guidelines.
- F.R.C.S. (Plast) - 2014
- M.R.C.S. - 2006
- M.B.B.S. (MD) - 2003
- PhD - 2001
- BSc (Hons) - 1997
- General Medical Council (GMC) - Membership number: 6079157
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England - Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Trainees Association
Recent Professional Experience
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon - Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool. December 2016 - present
- Senior Fellow in Breast reconstruction and Microsurgery - St Andrews’ Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns, Chelmsford. July 2016 – December 2016.
- Paediatric Plastic Surgery Chief Fellow - Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada. July 2015 – July 2016
- Head and Neck Microsurgery - Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, UK. April 2015 – July 2015
- Paediatric Plastics and Hand Fellow - Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK April 2014 - April 2015
Between 2007 - 2014
- SpR Plastic Surgery, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford
- SpR Plastic Surgery, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
- SHO and SpR Plastic Surgery, Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- Breast Enlargement
- Change of Implants
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Uplift (Mastopexy) / Augmented Mastopexy
- Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty)
- Eyebag removal (Blepharoplasty)
- Male Chest Reduction (Gynaecomastia)
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Thigh Lift
- Arm Lift
- First Trust Hospital
- Pall Mall Medical
Beyond the theatre
Whenever Mr Sharma finds some spare time his first priority is spending it with his wife and three children. When they have gone to bed he still finds the time, and energy, to read - particularly history or modern literature - learn to play the guitar, or draw. Pundrique has an abundance of energy, he frequently runs to keep fit, and has completed the Zurich and London Marathons, Sparta and Tough Mudder Races. He has also attained Duke of Edinburgh Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards and CMAS level 1 SCUBA diving qualification. He is a native English speaker, but is fluent in French, aided by his time spend in Canada, and knows Hindi in conversational form.
Your clinic will be able to show you Mr Sharma's full CV and introduce you to his past patients.